Have lost faith in myself!

unicorn

Hi guys,

Have been indulging over the last few weeks and after 5/6 years of dieting/trying to eat healthier etc I have just lost all faith in myself in that area! Am beginning to get really upset about it....its like i have it programmed into my head that i will just make a fool of myself and go back binging if when i try to cut down again next.

It also feels like I will never believe in myself again to lose weight once and for all! Im about 15 stone 11lbs atm, reached 16 stone 9lbs at my biggest, and have been floating around 15 2-15 10 for the last year or so. I just cannot seem to keep going after 15 2, i start making excuses again and treat myself for all the hard work and then start slipping again....
I am a lot bigger than I think also....my 7 year old niece and her friends are now calling me fat.....will i ever change??!!!! :(

Uni

unicorn said:
Hi guys,

Have been indulging over the last few weeks and after 5/6 years of dieting/trying to eat healthier etc I have just lost all faith in myself in that area! Am beginning to get really upset about it....its like i have it programmed into my head that i will just make a fool of myself and go back binging if when i try to cut down again next.

It also feels like I will never believe in myself again to lose weight once and for all! Im about 15 stone 11lbs atm, reached 16 stone 9lbs at my biggest, and have been floating around 15 2-15 10 for the last year or so. I just cannot seem to keep going after 15 2, i start making excuses again and treat myself for all the hard work and then start slipping again....
I am a lot bigger than I think also....my 7 year old niece and her friends are now calling me fat.....will i ever change??!!!! :(

Uni

Hi Unicorn,

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so low.

I love food and find pleasure eating delicious food, then feel guilt and self loathing for having done what most people don't give a second thought to, then deny myself what I love, then binge and eat lots of what I know I shouldn't and it goes on and on in a never-ending circle!
I sometimes feel that weight gain/dieting/gaining/dieting is a full time job in itself and takes a massive amount of energy and effort.
We have to eat every day so there is no respite from the vicious cycle.

The only time I have successfully lost weight was on a VLCD as that took all food choices away from me.
I didn't feel hungry after the first 3 or 4 days, so apart from the boredom it was quite easy.
It was mostly other people who had the issue with my choice of diet, it became quite annoying at times.
Previously I did Lighter Life but it wasn't cheap so I'm preparing to do Slim & Save as it is a fraction of the cost of LL, you just have to look after yourself rather than have the support of a counsellor and CBT.

I know why I overeat (anxiety) and now following 12 months of treatment for post-natal depression, only diagnosed when my little boy was 27 months old, I have gained a significant amount of weight.
Unfortunately, I have developed problems with my pituitary gland secondary to the anti-depressants I have been taking so am now suffering with hormone problems and chronic lethargy and I'm awaiting an MRI scan.
Sadly this means that I haven't been able to do any exercise so adding to my weight gain also.

That said, I have a beautiful little boy and a loving husband who is supportive of my decision to follow a VLCD again, so that is my plan and I'm confident I will get back to good health to fully enjoy the new and improved 'slimmer' me in 2012.

So, going back to what you had written earlier, in a really long winded way I just wanted to say I'm sure you will change your ways, it's just that sometimes you have to reach your rock bottom to start climbing up to the you 'you' want to be.

Sadly, children are brutally honest and don't think about the hurt their words cause, maybe you can use the hurt to spur you on with your weight loss?

Keep positive - 1 step at a time, and please feel free to let me know how you're doing.

Take care-Donna x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back