have to be honest

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Dancing, 23 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I think SW is great but after much reflection I have decided that it is not what I need right now... once I lose a bit more then I will definitely be back to lose the remainder but I am soooo unhappy with my weight right now that, for me, I need a faster loss.

As the SW rep said to me today, this ISN'T a diet. It is a way of eating that allows you to also slowly (1lb a week she said is what I should expect) lose weight.

This is brilliant but not for me.

This is partly due to the fact that I gained in my first week but mostly it is because I've been so unhappy with where I am and it is feeding into a depressive cycle I get into. Granted, everything seems to feed into that right now.

Wanted to let you guys know ... I keep disappearing from forums in here. Hope I'll be welcomed back ... hopefully I won't be gone too long. Fingers crossed the way I feel now will be the motivation to stick to CD.

Thank you soooooo much for your warm welcome, your support, etc.

sorry I'm useless :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emski

emski Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.29%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Hey, everyones gotta do whats right for them.. and just cos you not on the plan doesnt mean you cant come say hi! Good luck with everything :D

4. Jensjeremies

Jensjeremies Member of **SW Angels**

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good luck with whatever plan you decide to follow.
    It's not easy losing weight but when other things in your life are getting you down - your weight is one thing you can control when you want to. I try to remember that when things that are beyond my control get me down.
    You've down fabulous so far. Well done. XXXX

5. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    We'll have none of that "useless" business please madam! You are trying to find what works for you and still fighting and that is to be applauded!

x

6. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    you have to do whats right for you hun, the reason why people are here is because we have all struggled with weight loss at some time or other, you still have to remind yourself that you have lost an incredible amount of weight albeit you've put on a little, at least you havent buried your head in the sand and put the lot back on.

As ever you know I'm here always

sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    good luck hun, SW isnt for everyone so dont beat yourself up. good luck with the rest of your journey and keep in touch xx

8. monkeys bunny

monkeys bunny need 2get my head into it

Diet:
    slimming world
    good luck, dont forget to drop by and let us know how you are doing

:wavey:

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

thanks for understanding. .... i just feel a bit fickle!

I've got a fridge full of healthy food and yoghurt, a bowl full of fruit and a friend coming to dinner tomorrow night, so I'll be continuing to make healthy food choices until the food is gone (won't take that long) and then will do CD.

Thanks again
    x

10. monkeys bunny

Diet:
    slimming world
    can i just ask, what is CD?

11. 30FlirtyGirl

Diet:
    Slimming World
    CD Cambridge Diet xx

12. Cavycrazy

Cavycrazy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.71%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Aww hun, sorry to read that you are so unhappy at the moment and planning to go back to CD.

Wishing you all the best with your choice. I know how hard it is loose weight and even worse when you have had a disappointing WI on a new diet. It is so disheartening. I can empathise with you over this as my WI tonight was 0.5lb off ...which I know is technically a loss but even so when others are loosing loads more is a bit like a kick in the teeth. :sigh:

I can understand why you want to go back to CD. I am 'tempted' myself but know in my heart its not for me now as I just cant stick to it. Tried twice and just found it too difficult. So going to stick with SW for another week and hope my body gets used to this new way of eating and the plan starts to work (plus I am not going to eat so much :D).

Wishing you all the very very best, and going to miss your posting on here.

Big hugs.

Deb x

13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Oh, best of luck Dancing. Such a shame that SW isn't working as you would like at the moment. At least you've given it a go and you can always come back to it at a later stage if needed.

You've done so well, and I applaud you for hanging in there and working on trying to find the right way for you.

You'll get there cos you seem so determined:clap:

14. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i will definitely come back to SW it is just that I can't take the slow route to this weight loss. Later, when i have less to lose I will happily come back but not now when it seems it may take me between 7 and 14 weeks to lose one stone. Nope, not for me. I thought I would be happy with that when I started but there was always a part of me that hoped I'd be the one to lose a consistent 3lbs a week. I know that isn't going to happen.

I'll be back though. Definitely.

15. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    You are not useless, you gave it a really good go and decided it's not what you need right now. There is nothing wrong with that. Good luck going back to CD and we will see you again when you are ready to come back to SW x

16. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

and final confirmation that I need to get onto CD double quick ... I now weigh 3lbs more than I did a week last Tuesday morning!!! Yes, I ate off plan yesterday but to have gained so much is scaring me. Can't believe what I weigh now!!

[thanks Taz!]

17. monkeys bunny

Diet:
    slimming world
    yea i know what it stands for....but what is it?

18. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Good luck. You're right, SW does take time for the weight to come off, and if you've got the willpower to do CD and you lose weight quickly then go for it. You have to do what's right for you.

19. 30FlirtyGirl

Diet:
    Slimming World
    MB - Its the total food replacement diet. 3 shakes a day each shake being 137 kcals. Your body goes into ketosis (uses your fat stores to provide the body with energy) and the weight falls off BUT it is a total food replacement so NO food whatsoever (on the sole source plan anyway). They have other plans up to 1500 kcals.

20. Doughnut

Doughnut Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think it's one of the ones where you live off milkshakes, but I'm sure there's more to it than that! Someone will explain...

21. monkeys bunny

Diet:
    slimming world
    oh right i see like a 'quick fix' style thingy, cool. there are so many of them i get confussed, i looked on their part of minimins but didnt seem to find any actual advise etc about what it is. hopefully someone will explain it to me te he

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.