Have we become obsessed with weight loss...???

bhooms

I am in step 2 Cambridge diet since 15th march...lost almost 11kgs (22lbs)...not great loss as you all would know who are on CD...but still was happy as was loosing consistently almost 2-3lbs a week...had decided that would treat myself once I loose 10lbs and then pushed back the treat saying would go out when I loose 20lbs...coincidently achieved my target near my anniversary...so had double reasons to go with hubby and have a meal...poor fellow loves to eat out...you can say that his love of food starts with eating out and ends there but he had controlled himself saying we will go out to gather when u achieve your goal..

So cutting short, went out for meal today. Couldn't eat much since our son was getting a bit restless...and threw out whatever little I ate since the food was too spicy and oily ( we were trying our a new Indian restaurant) ...came home and just ate literally 1-2 tablespoon of strawberry truffle...and somehow didn't enjoy it...

This happens when we cheat during mid weeks but this was well achieved treat, was my anniversary , had reached my first goal and was also happy seeing my hubby eating wit content...

But still that two spoonful of pudding still has me thinking about how this would effect my weight loss at my next weigh in...I know slowly I will have to put food back into my life...of course sensibly, slowly and steadily but still all we can think off is Weight loss...weigh ins and targets

I know we have worked hard to loose...this weight gain had effected us in many ways but still once I have achieved what I use I dream off...I feel as if I am denying to accept reality...

I don't know if any of the above makes sense but I had to write this to get it out of me...

I totally get all u just wrote x I never had the plan to treat with food and I have alot to lose so along way off getting to goal but now I'm in this and settled my life has become living for Sunday weigh in and every thing I do in my life revolves around thoughts of how it will affect my weight and I just can't stop thinking about what I might lose this week x i already feel abit concerned about starting to re introduce food once I'm done with cd and that's blooming months away x

I'm utterly obsessed. I weight myself religiously every single morning, and stress all day if i haven't either lost or stayed the same. Some days it will go up by half a kilo, and I'm flabbergasted, because I stick to the diet religiously, and drink nearly 4 litres svery single day. I think it's good though - I don't want to become complacent, so when I'm off the diet I will be religious about keeping it off. I haven't gone through all this hell just to pile it back on again!

Pampered said:
I'm utterly obsessed. I weight myself religiously every single morning, and stress all day if i haven't either lost or stayed the same. Some days it will go up by half a kilo, and I'm flabbergasted, because I stick to the diet religiously, and drink nearly 4 litres svery single day. I think it's good though - I don't want to become complacent, so when I'm off the diet I will be religious about keeping it off. I haven't gone through all this hell just to pile it back on again!

Well said... I do exactly the same... All this hard work for what??? To ignore the scales.... I don't think so...

My goal weight was 10.2.. At present 9.12 therefore if I ever touch 10.3 it's time to cut back.... :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm ovarly obsessed.
15 weeks ago when i was 20 stone 8lb, i was bubbly, i had confidence, i did everything.. now i've lost 4 stone and i view myself differently.
I look back at 15 weeks ago and question HOW i was so outgoing & bubbly, and i come to the conclusion that i was covering up the problem which was how i was really feeling, fat and obese and majorly ugly. I'm wearing clothes 3 sizes smaller already, everyone is complimenting me, but for some strange reason i feel like im losing confidence and i'm slowly having to re-build myself into this entirely new person.

As far as food is concerened, i no longer crave ANYTHING. The thought of food makes me sick.
The first few weeks on Cambridge all i wanted was pasta, now the smell or sight of it does nothing for me. I've had some very nasty people (some on here) tell me i am on the 'verge' of an eating disorder, but i've let it go in one ear & out the other. I'm far far far off any type of eating disorder, my body no longer craves food, for the simple fact i don't eat it lol. I've tought my body to live off shakes and water, so of course thats what its now used to. I'm fully aware that at christmas when i come off the plan i will have to re-build my eating habits and i'm prepared for that. I'm not scared of eating, i just have no desire for it at the moment whilst on my journey.

Back