Have you read more of minimins?

image-3979880455.jpg

Last edited:
Gollywogg said:
Omg. I normally go straight to slimming world but didn't realise there was so much more going on :'( there's forums full of people starving themselves then hating themselves for having tiny amounts of food! I hope these poor people can find peace <3

It's not really about them 'finding peace' it's what works best for the individual at the end of the day :)
But I do agree there is lots more stuff to read than just the sw sub forum :)

Golly, Golly, while I understand that your post is full of concern and not meant to upset or annoy anyone, I fear that it might. We are fortunate in that we have chosen a diet plan that works well for us, allows us to eat whatever we choose within it, and lose weight. However, it doesn't work that way for everyone, and some people choose a different path. Whether that be them wanting faster results, or because they want to work on their portion control more, or they have what they believe to be a difficult relationship with food and want to take it out of the equation for a while, they for whatever reason choose a different path because it suits them or their lifestyle.

I think we would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't have some level of issue with food on this forum, whether that be a medical one or a psychological one. We none of us gained weight for no reason. But whatever path we choose to follow to regain the control over our diets and lives in order to improve our health and feel better, we all face the same struggles and temptations to varying degrees. Just because I choose a plan where no food is off limits, doesn't mean I don't stand by the cake counter in the supermarket at times wanting to just do the cake version of a supermarket sweep trolley dash and then go home and scoff the lot, or that I wouldn't be angry with myself if I let myself do that.

I guess what I am trying to say is that whilst to you some of these situations may seem extreme, and while I do occasionally see a rare post that alarms me, that happens across ALL of the sub forums, not excluding this one. But what is extreme to one person is not necessarily that to another. VLCD may seem like an extreme choice, but they are nutritionally balanced and have to be carefully followed. Eating a small amount of inappropriate food while on one can be very disruptive to the weight loss results.

Ultimately, we all have the same goal, to become slimmer and most importantly healthier. Whatever method we use to get there is really only personal to us.

Gollywogg said:
Most of these people will probably never lose weight and those that do won't keep it off, that's what leads to eating disorders.

I don't get easily offended, but I can see how a lot of people will after reading this comment. You're being ignorant now and don't know what you're talking about.

Can I say I for one am totally offended at the comments made here.

Golly you clearly have NO concept of what a VLCD is about or how it works. People on a VLCD dont need to 'find peace' :rolleyes:

The reason people get upset after having something like toast is because its probably knocked themselves out of ketosis - a crucial part of a VLCD. Same as someone on SW would be upset if they had 30 syns in a day.... its the fact they broke the diet theyre beating themselves up. Same as people do on here. Also FYI the shakes (which arent milkshakes) arent meant to fill you up, youre not hungry if youre in ketosis.

Can I tell you Ive lost 52lbs since January on a VLCD thats giving me a hell of a lot more 'peace' than losing 1lb a week on WW/SW

The single most offensive and ignorant part of your statement is people wont lose weight and if they do they wont keep it off. HOW RUDE!!!! If you took the time to keep looking over the forums youll see dozens of people who have kept it off and then some. If you also have a look around the SW forum youll also see posts from people who are restarting SW... why because they put weight back on!!!!!

How you lose weight has no bearing on how successful youll be when you get to goal its what you do when you get to goal that matters.

I would suggest if you plan to be an active member of this forum you show a bit more respect and regard for other people on other diets.

Totally with you Starlight. I've been on a VLCD since last year, lost over 5 stone, feel fantastic, and it totally works for me. How dare you say that I won't keep it off, and I certainly do not have an eating disorder. Maybe you should look at yourself before you start criticising others, like how you got to 17 stone and why your target weight still leaves you obese? Don't like those comments? Then don't sling mud in the direction of people who choose a different diet to your own.

Bloody hell girls.. You've done fantastic.. Think I'm doing the wrong plan :eek:

Bravo to you both x

I wouldn't normally add to this kind if offensive thread but omg I simply cannot believe you would post such a comment in the first place, then come back in to apologise for being drunk then go onto to make the situation even worse by implicating we'll end up with an eating disorder!
We all have the right to follow any plan we choose and come onto these forums for support etc and certainly don't spend our time pulling down other plans. If that is truly how you feel then keep those kind of insensitive comments to yourself.
Wow I'm stunned which is why I had to post. As many of you know I've been on Minimins for a few years and not got involved in squabbles etc before but couldn't not post a reply. I come onto SW site as I have a lot if friends following the plan and 99% are supportive of anyone's dieting decisions!

Omg. I normally go straight to slimming world but didn't realise there was so much more going on :'( there's forums full of people starving themselves then hating themselves for having tiny amounts of food! I hope these poor people can find peace <3

ZOMG it is like....soooo.... hard for us.

On a parr I would say with the starving African babies, life can be awfully, tremendously cruel. Please donate all of you money to this worthwhile cause..... I have a Paypal account if you would like the details.

Now please excuse me I have to go and make myself vomit milkshakes - because of this cursed affliction I have.

Much love xxx

Elemental said:
ZOMG it is like....soooo.... hard for us.

On a parr I would say with the starving African babies, life can be awfully, tremendously cruel. Please donate all of you money to this worthwhile cause..... I have a Paypal account if you would like the details.

Now please excuse me I have to go and make myself vomit milkshakes - because of this cursed affliction I have.

Much love xxx

I love you avatar btw.

Also, the majority of the SWorlders on is forum are a little more enlightened that the person who started this thread, so I hope you don't think we are all this silly x As MLM says, we're all here for the same thing - how we get there is no ones business but our own

We all like to believe that the choices we make are the right ones. But that's what they are - our choices. And other people's choices are just as valid. If your choice is the right one for you, that's all you need to know. It's not necessary to sneer at other people's choices to validate our own.

I am having problems posting things at the moment, and the system won't let me edit my previous post. Just wanted to say that my comment above was meant as a comment to the original posting, not to subsequent ones.

As has been said, what we eat & what diet we follow is a personal choice that shouldn't be judged by others. You choose to follow Slimming World, just like others choose to follow VLCDs if it works for them. I don't think you meant to offend but it's quite insenstive to state that eating dry toast is 'daft'. If I go off plan on SW i get annoyed with myself & like that person, I come on here for support hoping to be told that even if I feel I messed up I can carry on & get there. Minimins is all about support, no matter what diet you follow or what others think of that diet. It's up to each of us.

LisaC said:
As has been said, what we eat & what diet we follow is a personal choice that shouldn't be judged by others. You choose to follow Slimming World, just like others choose to follow VLCDs if it works for them. I don't think you meant to offend but it's quite insenstive to state that eating dry toast is 'daft'. If I go off plan on SW i get annoyed with myself & like that person, I come on here for support hoping to be told that even if I feel I messed up I can carry on & get there. Minimins is all about support, no matter what diet you follow or what others think of that diet. It's up to each of us.

Absolutely agree :) x

I do slim and save, so I'm one of those who will get a eating disorder and won't lose the weight!
Oh well it's a good job I just laughed after reading your un educated comments!

I love sw , loved doing my extra easy days. I've got nothing bad to say about your diet.

We all choose to follow a particular diet for our own reasons. This is supposed to be a forum full of help and encouragement.

You have spoken about a diet you obviously have no idea about. I'd advise you to have a look at the success stories, read the maintenance section then if you still agree with your first statement then so be it.

Good luck with your weight loss journey. I hope you love yours as much as I love my VLCD!

Flibsey said:
I did a VLCD last year. I lost nearly 2st. I then put it back on again pretty much as soon as I reintroduced real food :(

Did you do refeed properly before you came off it though? And when you say as soon as you reintroduced food exactly what did you have?

Im sure your gain was more down to choices you made when you came off as opposed to it being because you lost on a VLCD

I lost a shed load on WW but gained it all. Not WW fault

Last edited:
Back