have you told your friends/family you are on a diet?

mongoosed

It's day 9 for me and so far the only person who knows I'm doing ss+ is my husband. I've not told any friends, family or colleagues... I don't want any negative comments about diets like this, so being really discreet. But its going to get difficult to keep it quiet for much longer.

Has anyone else tried to keep it quiet?

Yes me too, I too feel like I don't want to be judged, just keep sayin I'm having the odd shake to replace my food when I'm in a rush, pretending I'm eating at other meal times

I was keeping quiet because I didn't want all the judgement and questions,
But I went to a friends house and when I got there I discover she's ordered us food,
And paid for it in advance,
So I had to eat it out of guilt!
After that I told everyone I was on a diet,
I didn't say CD,
Just said I couldn't eat junk and fast food anymore,
I couldn't risk it happening again as I really want to succeed, Best of luck on your journey xx

Hiya,

I'm doing slim and save at the moment but I have not told any of my friends. They are so unsupportive!

I've lost 2 and a half stone on weight watchers and they are always saying i'm being stupid because i wanted to loose 4 stone to be 8stone 7 even though they are smaller than that themselves. They also said i am 'ruining my life' because i wouldnt have a can of cider and a burger king i wanted a vodka and chinese lol. I once didnt go on a night out because all my 'going out' clothes i had were too big. She said i must have something that fits i said i didnt because i'd gone from a 16 to a 12 and have not bought any new things recently and she went off on one saying how there was no way i was a 16. Why would i make that up?!

Anyway, rant over lol. I'm hoping to get this last 1.5 stone off in the next few weeks in time for a festival.

I think it depends on how supportive people are if you should tell them. My family, friends and colleagues know. My boyfriend only eats crisps in a different room to me now lol. Good Luck. x

I have also kept it to myself, although it's a bit easier because I don't go out to work. I haven't lost enough yet to be noticed and Im wearing the same clothes. I have promised myself I wont buy anything new till I need to and the only reason I can see at the moment is a wedding in September. The thought of getting the 'wow' expression from those I haven't seen in a while is what is spurring me on. On a social level, its having to make excuses when I'm offered biscuits or cakes with a coffee or tea, and the surprise when I say I don't want milk or sugar in my coffee anymore when all my friends know I used to drink a milky strong and sweet coffee.
I think that the general opinion of VLCD diets is that as soon as you come off them you will be so hungry that you will eat so much and put it all back on within a week, or that you will make yourself ill. At the moment I am just happy I am losing weight and have decided that it's basically no business of anyone else. It's my hard work, it's my money and my body and if I do put the weight back on it's my problem :)

Back