Having a tough week :-(

Azeluk

Hey peeps,

I've been a member of slimming world now for 9 weeks but ive been doing the diet for 10 and im doing really really well, but this week im having an attack of the munchies, no matter how much syn free i eat im still hungry (i know just how the very hungry caterpilla felt) and was hoping some one here can give me some advice or can just give me that little boost to keep me hanging in.

Many thanks.

Azel

Make sure you are eating enough at mealtimes, fill up on the free and superfree foods and, if you are still hungry, then eat more.

As long as you are snacking on superfree (ie fruit and veg) then you will be fine!

Don't let yourself be hungry but do make sure your meals are big enough.

This probably sounds like a silly question, but are you actually hungry or craving something? If you're hungry enough you could eat the one food you find completely repulsive, it's proper hunger and I'd recommend eating more at meal times to fill up. If it's a craving then perhaps just have what it is you're craving, but within reason and within your syns.

Is there anything in particular going on at the moment (eg TOTM, extra stress) that could be making you more hungry than usual? Maybe try swapping your days around? I always find I'm a lot hungrier on red than I am on green.

I find sometimes I am very hungry but theres always a reason i.e. TOTM or longer gap between meals
Listen to your body if its telling you that you need to eat and you will find something superfree or free you can have

Those times when I just had to have chocolate or cake I have had it and enjoyed it especially if I was really craving it & its never affected my losses but then I am happy to do that and lose a little each week whereas my friend needs to do 100% and wants to lose faster

Sometimes I have had an extra heb if I really wanted one late in evening (probabaly once or twice a month so not too often but sometimes I need it especially if I have been to gym)

SM

Snack on protein. It's more filling than fruit. Have some wafer thin ham, crab sticks, and munch your way through one of those whole chickens from Tesco :D

Snack on protein. It's more filling than fruit. Have some wafer thin ham, crab sticks, and munch your way through one of those whole chickens from Tesco :D

True, protein is more satisfying, but this does go against making superfree our first choice for snacking though, as SW recommend.

I do think eating more at meals is the way to go.

Firstly well done for sticking with it so far - try not to beat yourself up just because you're having a blip because you're doing really well.
:hug99:
But there are several things you can do.
First i think is make sure this isn't a craving and that you are actually hungry.
Second make sure you're eating enough during the day, at meal times and as snacks & making the most of your healthy extras and syns. Feelings of deprivation can psychologically make you feel more hungry than you are.
Thirdly make sure you're drinking enough. A large percentage of the time people mistake dehydration for hunger, so whenever you feel hungry have a large glass of water first and then wait ten minutes - if you're still hungry then have something to eat.

Could it be that you're maybe bored of eating the same foods the same way? Maybe try varying the way you prepare and cook your food and see if a little more variation helps? See if there's any recipes you haven't tried yet that use your favourite free foods.

If you're really hungry, try saving your HEB for weetabix. Top them with your favourite chopped fruit, banana, apple, grapes, strawberries and then top THAT with Mullerlight! Its fantastically free when you use your HEB AND its REALLY filling!

Or if its just the munchies that have got you try some syn free crisps.

* Slimming World Crisps *
Free on Green Day
Slice as many potatoes as required with a potato peeler so they are thin slices.
Spray plenty of frylight onto a plate, place sliced potatoes onto the plate in a single layer , add another squirt of frylight and salt to taste.

Put in microwave for 5 mins or until potatoes are cooked and crisp or alternatively for extra crunchy crisps put them in a 200 degree oven for about five - ten minutes! You can also try this with other thinly sliced veggies like carrot and beetroot! :D

Hope i haven't rambled too much or told you what you already know! *hugs*

I agree with funky monkey, usually if your eating and eating but still finding yourself hungry then it's usually down to a craving!

Last week I was craving chocolate like you wouldn't believe so much so it was keeping my up at night! In the end I crept downstairs in the middle of the night for a tsp of nutella and savoured it which sorted the cravings out! Turned out it was coming to that time of the month so the cravings went on for a few nights so 1 tsp nutella a night hit the spot for me. X

Just one word of warning though - the official line from SW HQ is that when you make your own crisps as a snack you should syn them as it's easy to consume a large number of calories over a short period of time.

Just one word of warning though - the official line from SW HQ is that when you make your own crisps as a snack you should syn them as it's easy to consume a large number of calories over a short period of time.

Oh really? I hadn't heard this. I'd always been told they were free! Thanks for sharing. xx

Back