Having faith in your diet of choice - S&S to target for me :)

Starlight

Gold Member
This is really a diary post in a way but Im going to be a bit self indulgent and post it here in the hope it might help someone whos feeling demotivated
Its also going in my diary so if youve already read it, sorrreeee ;)

Im a seasoned Miniminer as youll see from my join date and the absurd number of posts I have lol Sadly Im also a seasoned dieter, while WW is my first love diet wise, Ive gone too far for that this time. The thought of a max of 2lbs a week loss is no use, for my health and my sanity I needed something faster, so it had to be back to a VLCD. So, I restarted Exante on Jan 7th and I did ok on it, I know it works. As the weeks went in I found I was having more and more Working Solutions days, adding in chicken, salmon etc which just wasnt what I wanted. So despite my initial misgivings about S&S (and yes some of you will know I was quite vocal about them initially) I decided to give it a try. (For the record Ive also spoken to Rob about my initial thoughts on it and retracted all my misgivings to him too and he knows Im now a totally dedicated S&Ser)

I have to say S&S is without question the easiest VLCD imaginable. I do 4 packs a day and have never added chicken or salmon since I started it. I KNOW this is the diet thats going to get me to target... no question about it.

Last week however I hit a bit of a low point with a 1lb loss, and ofcourse I got the 'Huh you could lose that on WW and be eating food' comments - all very helpful. So then I started to question the diet, could it be it really was too good to be true? Realistically how can I be eating these meals which I love and the truffla bars, every day and honestly expect to lose weight, its obvious, its not going to happen is it? Then I started panicing about going back to Exante... could I face nothing but their shakes every day.

After a few stern words and some butt kicking from some lovely Miniminers I shut up and got back to the plan in hand. This past week Ive had nothing but packs, 3 litres of water a day, a coke zero and been out just a 20 minute walk every day. AND Ive been rewarded. The scales have moved almost daily. I lost 5lbs at my weigh in last week and Ive lost another 2lbs overnight

For anyone whos getting disheartened by a small loss one week... dont give up... keep going - you WILL be rewarded, yes I could have lost 1lb on WW last week but I sure as hell couldnt have lost 7lbs in 8 days on it the way I have since. Have faith in the diet whatever happens.... we all KNOW this is the only diet worth doing at the moment :)

Last edited:
Thankyou so much for this, I'm about to start S&S and you've really, really inspired me with this post. Thankyou!

Fab motivating post :) thank you!

Thanks Starlight. Just the perfect reminder that I needed on my first day back :)

Very motivating post Starlight and thank you for posting it. I was down about losing 4 lbs in my first week, I pretty much got over it by the next day and carried on with plan, but this has helped me think more positively about continuing and not giving up if I see a small loss. 4 lbs is 4 lbs, I could easily screw that up by stuffing my face with food after feeling down (something I have done for years, probably why I have got so big) about my weigh in.

When on Exante, hearing about S&S, it didnt feel right. I know we bounced around negative comments about it, but I just taken the plunge myself and have just ordered the sample pack.

I have been any anti-diet lately, but that still dont get you slim! Its all very well being anti-diet at only 10lbs over weight, but not at 5 stone! vlcd, is the only thing that has changed my weight and in a short space of time too, so this is my choice now, its not forever :D

When on Exante, hearing about S&S, it didnt feel right. I know we bounced around negative comments about it, but I just taken the plunge myself and have just ordered the sample pack.

I have been any anti-diet lately, but that still dont get you slim! Its all very well being anti-diet at only 10lbs over weight, but not at 5 stone! vlcd, is the only thing that has changed my weight and in a short space of time too, so this is my choice now, its not forever :D

Good for you :) i was wondering about you this week ;) ;) what u ordered ?? x

Hahaha! :p Hello My Shanny! I ordered the sample pack today, but started on the remaining CD and exante stuff for now! How you doing?

Hahaha! :p Hello My Shanny! I ordered the sample pack today, but started on the remaining CD and exante stuff for now! How you doing?

I noticed you have been liking a few VLCD's on FB lol lol so had thoughts about you lol. Im ok im back on it to :) it's the only way. I will PM you...;) xx

Nothing Charley, it was just after I looked into the diet more, spent more time on here, then saw the snazzy new website they had that swayed me. That and the fact S&S seems to be listening to the complaints we have about other VLCDs and not falling into the same trap :)

Ive had a number of emails from him, we had a 'chat' via email when I got my samples and I said I felt Id been unfair, and he responded really nicely to it. I think he was in a tricky position initially with the website etc but now the business has taken off its all changed.

I do go very much by my instincts and having 'spoken' to him via email a number of times he seems a very geniune guy whos trying to get his company established and a good competitor in the VLCD field.

If Im wrong about something/someone I dont mind saying it, either to them or publicly :)

I've done Lighter Life and Cambridge Diet and S&S is my favourite by far. I initially did 3 packs a day plus a meal but that was not working for me so 2 weeks ago I started over with 4 packs a day and the diet has been a breeze since. I'm very happy with the stone I've lost in the last 2 weeks. (my ticker needs updating) .

I've done Lighter Life and Cambridge Diet and S&S is my favourite by far. I initially did 3 packs a day plus a meal but that was not working for me so 2 weeks ago I started over with 4 packs a day and the diet has been a breeze since. I'm very happy with the stone I've lost in the last 2 weeks. (my ticker needs updating) .
When you say not working do you mean you weren't losing weight? I'm really interested in trying 3 packs + veg and protein but obvs I want to lose the weight!

Back