Having just ready made shake cartons instead of packets??

LaurenLouise89

hi girls (and boys) lol

im on my 3rd week on cambridge i only have shakes (and a small meal as on SS+) as i dont like the soups, as i knew i was having a day out to a wildlife park the other day i bought a ready made shake in those little cartons to take for my dinner, anyway it was the 'chocolate velvet' one and it was lovely i was very suprised it almost reminded me of like those bottles of nesquick and mars chocolate drinks.

my question is do any of you rely solely on the cartons and dont use the packets? i worked it out and its an extra £8.50 a week but to be honest its worth it as it actually tastes really good! i wasnt sure if they were literally made for one offs or if its ok to have them all the time theres deffo less liquid in them as the cartons are tiny compared to when i make a packet up but maybe thats because i blend ice into it making it bigger? hmm. also the cartons say 141cals and the packet version is 146cals (i think) so its not like its a huge difference.

any advice appreciated? my consultants on hol for 2 weeks :(

xx

I think you can have them all the time - I remember reading in the magazine about a lady who lost 24 stone using just the choc ones back along :) xx

ooo thanks, hope so they are yummy (well as yummy as diet shakes go lol) i dont no if everyone charges around the same prices for there cambridge products but there £2.50 a carton from my consultant so when you need 3 a day it gets pricey lol worth it though :) x

I can't stand them myself! They have a weird bitter taste to me :) Good luck on your journey! xx

thanks you too! :) x

I prefer the ready made shakes too!! They taste ok, as you say for a diet drink & it's just so easy to take them to work etc! My CDC charges £2.20 but I suppose they all differ!! Good luck with your journey :0) x

Hi, yes you can just have the ready mades i love the chocolate velvet but have the banana flavour for breakfast, the only thing you need to do is drink extra water with the ready mades which hasn't been a problem for me. Ready mades taste much better as i hate the soups .
Good luck x

thats great nice to know others do it, didnt think about the extra water but shouldnt be a problem just have to remember to drink more xx

I have had mainly the tetra's ( ready made shakes ) For months.

They are much easier for me as I work in travel and like most working Mums I am very busy. I do like the porridge so have that now and again for a change and sometimes have the bars but I find they make me more hungry so try not to have them too much.

Good luck and do what suits you x x x

thanks :) and fantastic weight loss by the way, very inspirational! x

Hi Lauren

The cartons - choc velvet are the only ones i can stomach, i have 3 of them a day and losing weight :) I dont minde them either where as the strawb and banana ones ove tried use to make me heave :( xx

Its funny how we all differ, i know some who can't stomach the tetras where I cant stand the sachet shakes and the smell of the soups make me heave. I actually really enjoy the chocolate velvet tetras;)

Hi Lauren

The cartons - choc velvet are the only ones i can stomach, i have 3 of them a day and losing weight :) I dont minde them either where as the strawb and banana ones ove tried use to make me heave :( xx

Never in my life have I liked chocolate or banana milk flavours but my taste buds have changed so much since being on Cambridge and now I prefer them to the strawberry.
I would maybe try them again every now and then to see if your opinion changes x x x

well i only bought one chocolate and one banana i had the chocolate in the morning and it was lovely i kept the fridge so it was nice and cold but i took the banana with me and by the time i drank it at dinnertime it was pretty much room temp and i didnt particularly enjoy it i cant stand the shakes if there not ice cold for some reason so maybe i would of liked it if it was colder and i havnt tried strawberry! but i dont really like the strawberry packs dont no if it tastes any different or not, think ill get mostly chocolate a few banana and a few strawberry and then ill no for next time whether to get more of the banana and strawberry or stick to chocolate! xx

Banana is ok I usually have it for breakfast and choc for lunch and dinner, strawberry I don't like as I feel it leaves a horrible after taste for me! Tetras are so easy as you don't have to prepare and can leave in the fridge I have hears of some half freezing the chocolate velvet and havin it as a sort of slush lolly I havent tried this has anyone else? x

Never in my life have I liked chocolate or banana milk flavours but my taste buds have changed so much since being on Cambridge and now I prefer them to the strawberry.
I would maybe try them again every now and then to see if your opinion changes x x x

I tried them not long ago but i generally cant stand milkshakes anyway, i think the only reason i can stomach the choc is because i know it will get me thin ha ha and it helps me with my choc cravings. You have done soo soo well, hope i can keep it up like you xx

Thank you !

Have you thought about trying the shakes hot ?
The chocolate mint one is like a mint hot choc and the cappuccino is just like a cappuccino.

Could be worth trying to give a bit extra variety x x

Thank you !

Have you thought about trying the shakes hot ?
The chocolate mint one is like a mint hot choc and the cappuccino is just like a cappuccino.

Could be worth trying to give a bit extra variety x x

you know iv never thought of that, i do heat my tetras up now and again when i fancy a hot choc but havent tried the cappuccino one yummm xx

I only used ready made..

I have my choc tetras ice cold, with loads of crushed ice whizzed into it.... gorgeous, and my banana tetras poured into a mug, topped up with water and warmed up, which is like having a milky evening drink. Or do the same with a choc tetra, add a spoon of coffee and whizz it up to make a mocha. Just remember not to heat the tetras to boiling because it ruins the vitamins x

Back