having my internal scan on wed to diagnose pcos - results uodate!!!!!

gemmybean

hiya finally having a ultrasound scan on wed at the hospital to find out whether or not i have pcos. This has been an ongoing process since i came of the pill last july. First cycle was 41 days, this cycle so far has been 134 days, its been 6 months since i last had a bleed (sorry if tmi).
Ive been having regular progesterone tests to check for ovulation but nothing yet, so im seriously hoping that this scan will show one way or the other whats going on. Other than the lack of af, and also a blood test showing a sligt increase in testosterone levels i have no other symptoms at all, so i am wondering if its the syndrome, without the polycyctic ovaries part. But we shall see, hopfully all will become clear on wednesday.

I am a little concerned about trying to concieve, as i know it can cause problems, im going to be 30 next year, so i kinda feel that time is starting to run out for me

Last edited:
Good luck - the scan's quite straightforward -

and don't worry about turning 30..

30s Are Great!! :D

..and you still have plenty of time!

x

I'm a bit worried about having to 'hold it' for so long. I just hope it can shed some light on the whole matter.

I'll be thinking of you - good luck x you might not get results today but let me know how it goes! xx

Just come back from my ultrasound, and she said theres no sign of any pco which I think is a good thing. She told me that there has to be 12 or more cysts for it to be considered pco and I have no where near that so in her opinion I don't have it.
Weirdly I am really relieved, but it still doesn't explain what's going on. Hmmmmm.
I don't have any of the symotoms of pcos so I don't think that's what I have and now this ultrasound has confirmed it.
Back to square one then

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

Aww.. i know it's frustrating not knowing why things haven't been stable for you.. but it's great news that you don't have pcos..

I guess your doctor will advise you further but I'd have thought it might just be your body adjusting.. periods can be fickle things and can just take a while to balance out after coming off meds.. or don't want to come out to play if we're stressed or over/ under eating.. or doing too little/ too much activity.. a friend of mine is regular but they stopped when we were doing our a level and uni exams and stopped for a while when she bought her first flat.. seems that stress just has that effect on her...

I hope it gets resolved for you.. once they come back you won't need to care about where they went.. and remember.. you have plenty of time.. the most important factor is relaxing and enjoying life.. partly because that's often the best cure.. and partly because.. well.. what else is life for? :)

Good luck x

Just come back from my ultrasound, and she said theres no sign of any pco which I think is a good thing. She told me that there has to be 12 or more cysts for it to be considered pco and I have no where near that so in her opinion I don't have it.
Weirdly I am really relieved, but it still doesn't explain what's going on. Hmmmmm.
I don't have any of the symotoms of pcos so I don't think that's what I have and now this ultrasound has confirmed it.
Back to square one then

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

Hi Gemmybean,

I was down for an ultrasound (normal one) & at last minute the lady decided to do an internal instead. She said my ovaries were fine, "perfect" was her wording & she said there was nothing wrong. A few months later I had my first diagnostic laparoscopy & I was then told I did have PCOS (as well as endo & pelvic congestion syndrome). Don't always go by what they say after the scan as in my case - they were wrong!

Back