Extra Easy Having yr monthly make you heavier??

hartleyhare123

I, just interested in other members experiences , just going into my 3 rd week doing sw, and have lost 10lb so far, now I have my monthly :(, should I expect a gain or stay the same? I'm still being very good, but don't want to go weds night for weigh in and be really disappointed :(

Go to weigh in, but go prepared to have a gain or maintain, then if you loose then you'll be even happier. If you do gain, it will come off the following week as when people gain at their time of their month its water retention, if you've been 100% on plan its impossible to gain fat, just remember that if you do gain. But everyone is different and you may not be effected like other people are

I'm different every month. Some months I lose, others I gain. It's just part as parcel of being a woman so just be on plan an if u do gain don't be disheartened. Drink lots of peppermint tea to help with bloat was x

thanks for this thread and that link stivesliz - im due on in a few days and worried about the impact on my first weigh in. will be drinking lots of water :)

Certainly not! Glad I know a wee gain or sts is normal and hopefully followed by a loss the following week ;).

Im going to blame this thread for me getting my period today (and early!!) haha. I've not had any chocolate cravings and not that bloated - weird!!! Glad it will be finished by Sunday :D (weigh in day)

I've never had a gain on SW or WW due to TOTM, Although my losses are lower, so I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

Thanks guys, very helpful, I won't get dishearten , I know I've been good, I'll just have to grin n bear it and keep my fingers crossed, like u say there's not a lot we can do about it.

The week Before my * week I barely lost anything. The week of my * week, I lost 3lbs, so you might be pleasantly surprised x

missnic07 said:
The week Before my * week I barely lost anything. The week of my * week, I lost 3lbs, so you might be pleasantly surprised x

This seems to happen to me too. But the week before I get the evil raging munchies and almost always end up bingeing out on crap at least once. :(

Always around 4lb for me but like everyone says everyone is different and well it comes straight off so if you do have a gain just remember it will come straight back off, just one of those things (although now I'm on the injection so no gains for me anymore!haha)

Fingers crossed you don't, I'm on the injection too but have had the odd period which I had a gain the week before, the last one was a couple of weeks ago and the one before that was 7 months before. The annoying thing is because I'm not expecting a period I get really paranoid about the gain until a few days later when its obvious what it was

I stayed the same last week when i was on, this week i lost 5 lbs, which is loads for me, they say it balances out so just look forward to a good loss the following week.

Back