HE Breakfast on Extra Easy - ok without 1/3 superfree??

gemma1985

Silver Member
So as an old style SW'er I am now trying to incorporate EE days rather than just sticking to red and green days, but was wondering if I use me HE B choice for breakfast i.e. Alpen Light bars as rushing around on a morning these are so handy would they be ok just to eat on their own as I'm using my HE or do I need to be eating fruit with these??

Weekends aren't so bad I'll be able to sit and eat breakfast so I usually make porridge and chuck in loads of berries etc but was wondering if the 1/3 counts if using your HE?? And these fill me I usually have one first thing and another mid morning but would hate to think I'm mucking it by not getting the fruit in there with them....

As far as a I know you can eat them by themselves.
It's like when you have milk in tea or cereal I don't have a 1/3 then.

Hi - iveread that the 1/3 is there o ensure you are filled up on low fat food. I can see how this would work if you were having a main meal and you fill a third of your plate with super free before anything else. I struggle with breakfast cos like yo it I usuall heb so measured any way. Mind you I still try to have my super free by having fruit - usually banana - before my breakfast ( usually a toasted low low cheese and ham quorn sandwich with tomato). I always eat my brekkie on the go as the later I have the less likely I'll needed a mid morning snack!

iv just started slimming world again but i have done it before for and i lost 3 stone and every morning i was eating 2 alpen light bars as they were convenient and 2 filled me. i was averaging on loosing 2lbs a week back then so dont worry. eating them on a morning without your superfree foods will be fine just make sure you get eough of your suprfree when your hungry instead of snacking on other things.
hope this helps x

Back