Red Days Headache and tiredness

vegemite

I've been back on plan for week and have been so tired. I also keep getting headaches.
I don't have any other symptoms to I'm not coming down with anything but I was expecting to be feeling full of energy. That's certainly what others suggest they feel like...

Has anyone else had this? Did it last long?

I was like that for a bit too... My C said it was my body detoxing from all the rubbish I ate before. I'd also go along with the fluids thing, if you're not drinking enough that can make you tired and give you headaches.

Thanks

I am drinking a lot and while I'm not eating fruit, I do eat a lot of veg and salad...

I was doing the Atkins diet previously so there wasn't really a lot of junk in my system...in fact how I feel is similar to the 'Atkins Flu' that you get when you stop carbs.

I'm doing red days but have some carbs for my HE....

I just don't know, but it's making me feel a bit rubbish and all I want to do is stay in bed and sleep.

You are probably eating alot less processed sugars - and it takes a while for your body to get used to that. Stick with it though - it getsr better after a few weeks.

Although you are doing red days, are you still getting some carbs through your HE? I did Aitkins once and cut out all carbs - felt so ill I had to give up after a week! Splitting headache and felt like I was going to die! But it could indeed be the body adjusting to the lack of processed junk, fill up on lots of fruit to get vitamins into your system :)

Could you be anaemic? Changing to SW might be incidental so I think a trip to the docs might be in order.

Although all the changes in air pressure and humidity lately has made hubby and I very prone to migraines and headaches.

When I switched from Extra Easy to Red I felt really lethargic & headachey for a good 3 days but thankfully it did pass. I do mainly red now & have been fine since my body adjusted.

Good luck

It could be the red day thing..in the past I've pretty much stuck to green and the EE when that came out. Now it's red only.
I went for a sleep in the end and feel better for it. I'll give it until the end of this week before going to the docs, then I'll know if it's slimming world related or not. I would think any effects from change of diet would have settled by then.

Thanks for the feed back...it's not something I've had before on the other plans.

i've almost completed my first week, and i was saying just yesterday how nasty i was feeling, been a few days of it, but today i do feel much better. plan to just keep on drinking water as well to keep hydrated :)

In my first couple of weeks of starting I used to feel dizzy and disorientated all of a sudden but this stopped after a while. Only happened about 3-4 times in the first 2 weeks.

I had stopped everything at once- junk food, take outs and caffeine so like everyone has said I think it was just my body getting used to eat properly. I haven't had this ever since so don't worry.. Make sure you're eating lots, check your blood pressure if you have a machine at home as I found mine dipped when I started to feel dizzy and had orange juice to perk it up.

Feel better Hun x

Thanks for your replies. The headaches have stopped now, though after a bad long weekend I may have to go through it again!
I'm sure the tiredness will settle down once I've lost a chunk of weight.

Thanks for your replies. The headaches have stopped now, though after a bad long weekend I may have to go through it again!
I'm sure the tiredness will settle down once I've lost a chunk of weight.

Glad to hear that the headaches have stopped vegemite. :D I had a naughty day yesterday too. Good luck for the rest of the week

It was the tiredness that was such a killer for me. Never in mh life have i slept for nearly a whole day and night. Eeep!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Back