Headaches, could it be due to SW plan?

Razzle Dazzle

I joined SW last thursday evening so didn't start the plan until friday. Since saturday i have been having headaches every day. Could it be due to cutting most of the nasty things out 0f my diet? I am drinking loads and have taken painkillers but it still won't shift :confused:. x

Yep it's definitely normal, try and battle through it, it'll be worth it!!

I had a slight headache for about 3 days when I started SW as I cut out sugar completely so it's probably right what the others have said.

When I gave up smoking over 30 years ago I ended up with mouth ulcers for about a month which was very painful but they cleared up after a while. Don't really get them at all now.

It seems like it's your body's way of letting you know that it's used to all these things and is reacting to not having them. What you're experiencing is more than likely withdrawal symptoms. They will pass though! :)

I had dreadful headaches for the first two weeks, now I hardly get any and before I got them regularly, stick with it, it works in the long run.

Thanks everyone, its good to know that i am not alone. I have taken some really strong painkillers i had from the doctor in the past and they have put it away for now. :) xxx

That's interesting, I've had a dull headache on and off since I started the plan, I put it down to year end at work.

I've tried to avoid the painkills and keep hydrated.

Hope it goes soon

X

I too had a headache during the first week, and I felt a bit sick and broke out in spots! Im 31, too old for zits thanks! :D but I'm on week 2 now and I feel lots better, I'm sleeping at night and no longer have heartburn!

I had headaches and was very light headed and felt dizzy in first few weeks... Not every day but once or twice a week it happened.. It does go away, just your body getting used to u eating properly x

Think of it as your body wondering where all the sugar and caffein gone. It objecting. This usually passes after few days. My only concern is if it hasnt settled down by about a week, get a check up at the GP to be safe. Once your body is used to the healthy lifestyle it will probably object again if you over indulge. Cant win, can we. It does feel better being healthy though. Keep going.

For a week or so I was waking up with a headache and could not get rid of it all day. I started making a list to make changes in my diet. However, the first thing I did was turning off the radiator in my bedroom and drank a lot of water. After a couple of days when the heater cooled down my headache was gone.

Back