headaches

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
Since i started SW I seem to be getting a lot of headaches, I know I'm drinking enough, as I go swimming every morning and have a litre bottle of water with me that I drink on the way home then top it up through the day, and have about 3-4 bottles in a day, plus cups of tea in the morning and evening.

Anyone else getting headaches since starting?

It could be because you weaning your body off something!! I've had this when I cut down on sugar in a big way!! I know if you don't have coffee in a while it can happen too! Also your body will be getting rid of any toxins!! Keep going it hopefully is a good thing!!

Not that I've noticed although funnily enough I sometimes get a headache after swimming.

Just thought I'd throw that in on the off-chance you've just started swimming.

Funny you should ask but I just popped a couple of paracetamol before sitting down to catch up!

Yes, I am having quite a few headaches, but I am attributing that to the humidity and brightness outside today, and the fact that I am not sleeping very well the last few nights.

Or it could be the increased amount of time I am sitting on the computer on minimins when I should be bodymagicking the heck out of my spare room! :D

well i definitely have cut back on sugar, in fact i only use the granulated sweetener now, apart from syn snacks that might have some. Before I started SW I was having a box of maltesers AND a LARGE mint aero every night:eek:

So it could be sugar withdrawals! I hope it doesn't last too long though, it's annoying.

Or it could be the increased amount of time I am sitting on the computer on minimins when I should be bodymagicking the heck out of my spare room! :D

So THAT'S what it is :8855: Well i'm doomed then because I'm not giving that vice up :D

cutting back on sugar and especially caffeine can cause headaches,
if youve cut down on fizzy drinks it could be that, i know when ive done Atkins, the initial induction when you cut out all caffeine and sugar made me feel dead rough.

should be gone in a few days.

I have the occasional pepsi max. I stopped drinking coffee about 6 months ago, so I don't think it's that, although I have swapped from regular coke to the pepsi max, and also the new tea bags I get are caffeine free (redbush). And obviously I've cut back on the sugar.

Anyone know how long this will last for?

I had to cut out caffeine last year due to an illness and I had the most horrendous headaches, also bizzarely I couldnt sleep (work that one out!). It lasted about a week to 10 days. Stick with it, it will get easier and the headaches will just disappear. Good Luck xx

my caffine withdrawal lasted over a week and was awful! i felt shakey and very headachey but had never realised any real dependancy on it beforehand. that may possibly have been denial though lol

Hi Helen. It could possibly be the sweetener as they have that effect on me. I don't use any sweetener at all and don't eat or drink anything that contains artificial sweetener any more as they either give me headaches and visual disturbances or send me running to the loo!!! xx

I have the occasional pepsi max. I stopped drinking coffee about 6 months ago, so I don't think it's that, although I have swapped from regular coke to the pepsi max, and also the new tea bags I get are caffeine free (redbush). And obviously I've cut back on the sugar.

Anyone know how long this will last for?

I think that pepsi max has more caffeine that diet/regular pepsi....(definitely more than diet pepsi).
Maybe the weather - I've been headachey for the last 3 days.
Hope it starts to lift for you soon.

Back