Heading to first SW group meeting tonight!

leighleigh

Hi all!

I've recently decided to join SW and tonight is my first meeting! I used to be a SW online member, but found that I couldn't stick to it. Maybe the group will be better for me? Idk, but when I rung the consultant he didn't sound very happy/nice? Maybe i'm just a bit too nervous =S

How were all your first meetings?

x

Aw leighleigh you will be fine. My first meeting was so good. I had been to S W many years ago before, but this time round the experience is so much better. The consultant is key! She is fantastic. What happens at ours is that you sit at a new members table with the consultant and they go through the plan with you and answer any questions you may have. You then (if you want but I would advice to do this) sit in the I T meeting and then if you think its for you you go to the pay desk and enrol with the form you have completed. The consultant will then weigh you and you will be given your books in an orange pack, and yr card. We always make our new members a cuppa as well as a welcome. Regular members are welcome to make their own brews when they arrive, though most make one after w i ha ha. Hope this helps and hope you have a really positive experience. Please let us know how you go on

Just wondered how you got on, I look forward to going to my group, ive only missed it twice and i had class motivation withdrawls lol

Yeah it was really amazing! Its such a big group - the consultant does another one on Saturdays (I think it started in January) but my group only started last week, and this was the second week. I think my consultant was a bit nervous because he was being watched by his team developer, but there were 5 new people at the group 3 of which were referred so he must be doing something right! Everyone was laughing and it was such a good atmosphere - there was one lady who really took me under her wing. Also, her young son was there - he must be about 9 or 10 months. He clapped every time we did, it was so cute!

I have never been a 'joiner' so was really nervous about going to my first SW meeting. That was 14 weeks ago and I have to say I wish I had done it years ago. The support of the consultant and all the other members makes such a difference, we keep in touch during the week on FB and there is a real sense of cameraderie. My biggest inspiration is our Diamond members who have been at target for over a year. Both of them lost large amounts of weight, they are so supportive.
I hope you enjoy your classes as much as I do .

I love going to group it's my bit of me time I go with my sister and we have made some great ladies and gents there and our C is amazing and even helps motivation through the week via SMS and fb xxx

it's really nice to see positive posts about group, really happy you've all found good groups, I love my group but have started to go to a new more local group so I'm hoping it'll grow into a fab group too, I'll do my best to help it along the way

my advice is to be good group members and you'll get it back in bucket loads,

good luck xx

Yeah it was really amazing! Its such a big group - the consultant does another one on Saturdays (I think it started in January) but my group only started last week, and this was the second week. I think my consultant was a bit nervous because he was being watched by his team developer, but there were 5 new people at the group 3 of which were referred so he must be doing something right! Everyone was laughing and it was such a good atmosphere - there was one lady who really took me under her wing. Also, her young son was there - he must be about 9 or 10 months. He clapped every time we did, it was so cute!

I am really glad you had a great first meeting! Good luck with it all! x

:D I'm so glad you enjoyed it, I love my meeting now, I hve found a group of lovely people who give me a lot of support, which I return of course.

Back