Healthy breakfast ideas?

Hi all. I have been dieting for a while now and lost about 95lbs. I've put on a bit the lat few month so i'm starting again as of yesterday. The main meal i struggle with is breakfast, i need ideas for healthy breakfasts. I usually have cereal but there is so much sugar in them, i didn't realise until recently. I've cut out refined sugar from my diet so i'm not adding it to anything and i'm gradually going from full-fat milk down to skimmed (i'm on semi-skimmed at the moment.) Today i had a small bowl of porridge, i usually have a ton of sugar on it but today i sweetened it with a few raisins and dried banana chips. Was that healthier than using loads of sugar? i hope so. Anyway, any ideas people? I like weetabix, are they good for you? Thanks guys

Morning
I had all bran with strawberries chopped up and blueberries :)
Protein is good ... Eggs .. I like mine scrambled with smoked salmon .. On 1 round toast ...
Mushrooms ... Fried in a tiny bit butter with a splash water and maybe some tomatoes and bacon medallions on toast :)
The list could be endless lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I normally buy a bag of frozen mixed berries and and around a handful to my porridge.
Lower cal and sugar than dried fruit.

Sometimes i just have yoghurt with berries and occasionally some oats mixed in.

If I'm in a super hurry i just have a couple of wetabix witm SS milk.
Or toast and marmite.

If I've got longer i like to make scrambled egg on wholemeal toast.
Or a bacon sarnie using three bacon medallions.

I just ordered frozen berries with my shopping so i'm hoping to add them to breakfast. I'm only going to have about 15 minutes to make and eat breakfast so i need to make it quick. i might have weetabix with yogurt and berries. What yogurt do you use? I can't stand plain yogurt

For breakfast i either use total 0%, which is very plain or, i have an easiyo maker and make my own.

I have muller lights during the day and at work.

I don't have an easy yo but I have another
Sort of yoghurt maker ... And I add vanilla extract abd sweetner to the milk and live yoghurt abd it tastes lovely x

these breakfast ideas sound good, Im thinking making a 'thickie' with oats, milk, yogurt and fruit, just wondered if anyone could think of a way to get some protein in there? im trying to reduce my protein intake but I think breakfast time is the best time to have it maybe?

meoww said:
these breakfast ideas sound good, Im thinking making a 'thickie' with oats, milk, yogurt and fruit, just wondered if anyone could think of a way to get some protein in there? im trying to reduce my protein intake but I think breakfast time is the best time to have it maybe?

Love the sound of this, how will u mix it/ heat all together? Xx

I take yoghurt and berries in a tub. Then at work i just mix oats in, and make a thicker texture.
I don't cook or blend anything.

All i could think to add protein would be maybe a few nuts?

Ive blended fruit up with oats, milk and yogurt. Nuts sound like a good idea, I will try that!

I too have been trying to cut down on sugar, so look at all the sugar content in cereals etc. It's criminal how much sugar is in some of the cereals. I think (from memory) that the cereals in the UK actually have more sugar in them, that here in oz, even though they are the same cereals, i.e. special K etc.

I stick to weetbix (that's what they are called here, not weetAbix), oats, all bran and puffed wheat. Puffed wheat are like sugar puffs, but low sugar.

Also have fat free natural yoghurt with frozen berries and sometimes add some all bran to it, for a crunch.

I did switch to semi-skimmed and skimmed milk, but have recently got back to full fat. Semi-skimmed and skimmed milk have more sugar in them, than the 'full fat' version ... or at least, they do here.

I must post my recipe for homemade muesli .. I love it .. And NO sugar :)

I must post my recipe for homemade muesli .. I love it .. And NO sugar :)

mmmm yes please .. I love muesli :)

shredded wheat is really low sugar like 9% and honey nut shredded wheat is about 16% which for something including honey in the title is quite good!
I also keep my portion sizes small, which for breakfast I find easy as my appetite isnt quite awake yet..

Hey, I have odlums or flavhans porridge with jam or honey each day but today I made a selfish breaky:

7 pp and filled me for ages, if u wanted you could cut back on the portions:

Serves 2;

Butter two slices of bread ( I used connought gold butter) and cut into triangles. Lay out on a square baking tree. Place rashers mushrooms and tomatoe on top, beat two eggs with some pepper and salt and pour over. Pop on over at 190 for 20 minutes.... Absolutely amazing. You could spoil yourself and add pudding

Enjoy xxx

The best way to start your day is having eggs..whether boiled, fried, scrambled. Eating it with a toast or 2 with a glass of orange juice or any other fruit drink is a powerful combination.

My go to breakfasts

On the run
Smoothie (yoghurt, apple juice or coconut water for sweetness, fruit - usually berries and banana, sometimes a scoop of protein shake or tbsp peanut butter, sometimes add oats to bulk out)
Hard boiled eggs & fruit
Toast (rye or homemade wholewheat) with peanut butter & banana
Bircher muesli
Cold meats & fruit
Scrambled egg wrap

At home
Eggs scrambled with lots of veg
Fry up (good quality ingredients, coconut oil and lots of veg make this healthier)
Porridge - I sweeten with chopped up dates, and add yoghurt for protein
Frittata
Oat pancakes (make up porridge oats with water, add eggs or egg whites, fry as pancake butter, top with fruit, yog & maple syrup)

Hope that helps!

Back