Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Healthy eating on a Budget??

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by PurpleButterfly, 21 March 2009 Social URL.

1. PurpleButterfly

PurpleButterfly 16lb to go!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(14.6%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting plain and simple :)
    Hi, I'm a student and LL (with it being expensive, and having to buy a new wardrobe to accompany) has pretty much screwed up my finances. Not on LL any more, but trying to follow a sort of GI-ish diet. When I filled my cart up with fruit and veg (at asda) it came to like £50 and I can eat all that no problem in a week but I cannot afford to spend that much! I don't eat out normally anyway.

Any hints and tips on how to eat healthily but without the expense?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Wow £50 pw is quite a lot. I eat healthily, but aim for £25-30 pw. There again, I'm not doing low GI as I found it so confusing:eek:, but I guess a fair few foods I have would fall into that catagory.

So with your fruit and veg, what else do you have? Porridge is a good one and cheap, and though baked pots are high, add baked beans and it lowers.

Lots of brown rice, pasta etc. I always have seeded bread now (don't like the white stuff anymore) and though it's pricier, I'll often pick up a half price one to freeze, and besides, a loaf of bread goes a long way :clap:

To keep the prices down, you might be better off going to any markets, looking for best buys and doing a few supermarkets rather than just one to get best value for money. I save heaps that way.

4. Patchninja

Patchninja Full Member

Start Weight:
    30kg
    Current Weight:
    30kg
    Goal Weight:
    60kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Are you getting ready-prepared fruit and veg? That's expensive. Try shopping later in the day when things may be priced down. I don't know what prices are really in England any more. What about frozen veg?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.