healthy extra question??

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by littlehobbit, 7 September 2009 Social URL.

1. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Full Member

ok so this may be stupid and just me being hopeful.
    but im guessing a healthy extra is around 6 syns worth as an aplen light is 3 syns and u can have two and a hifi is 6 syns and u can only have one.ok so that makes sense.
    but i bought weetabix oaty bars this week as my super market were out of alepn lights.now they are tiny so i thought 2 would be a heathy extra.but no they are 3.5syns per bar so its only 1 for a HE.

so today i am having a success express day and have had two of these oaty bars for my two healthy extras.do you think however i could have 3 as my two healthy extras as technically thats only 6.5syns which isnt all the fibre i should be having.

is this just me being hungry and wanting another or do you think this makes sense?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. babybloo

babybloo Extra Easy Apparently...!

Start Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would say no to that. Healthy extras are calculated by the amount of fibre/calcium that's in them etc so one weetabix oaty bar at 3.5 syns must have the equivalent amount of fibre to the Hifi bar/2 alpen light bars.

4. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah babyloo is right. Technically, calorifically you might get away with it, but it hasn't got the right amount of nutrients. Alpen lights have also got probiotic in them as well as a high fibre content - hence why you can have 2. The Oaty Bars, are delcious but not high in fibre :)

5. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    no only thingsd specified as healthy extras count unfortunately!!! otherwise id have a curly wurly as my healthy extra ;)

judimac likes this.
  6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Actually the Oaty bars have more fibre (5.6g) than the Alpen lights (5.3g) per bar. But you can only have one as two would be more than the maximum 6 syns for a HE. Sometimes I will take 2 as a HE and count the extra syn. I think that as long as it's not a regular occurence and doesn't impact on your weight loss then go ahead with what you've suggested.

Last edited: 7 September 2009
  7. Brightonrosie

Brightonrosie I want to be fitter again

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have just checked with my SWC who says if you have more than one, the second must be synned completely. xx

8. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Full Member

thank you all for your advice.my problem was i was still hungry after two and wanted more and wanted to see if it was justified having them! but i refrained and have now had a day full of superfree snacks.and im full:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.