Healthy Extras Compulsory?

darbydoo

Hi All
I was just wondering if it's compulsory to have healthy extras?

I'm trying to speed up the weightloss, and was thinking if healthy extras make a difference?

I usually do EE, but as I rarely eat any meat, my eating would be fine on a green day too.... however I usually only have 1 HEA and 1HEB.

Also - what about Syns, are these compulsory? Apart from the odd blob of ketchup/ flora, I really don't feel the need to eat syns. Will this affect my weightloss if I don't have many?

I have lost 10lbs in 4 weeks, but has slowed down a little now, so any ideas welcome :)

I don't go to a class, I just do the diet myself hence all the questions

Hi darbydoo
You should reddish have your healthy extras as these are beneficial to your health ie, calcium and fibre. Without these your body will miss out on these nutrients.
You don't have to use your syns though if you don't need/want them but personally myself I use all of mine and I'm still losing weight.
However, if I find my losses slow down then my syns would be the first thing I'd look at.

Good luck hope I've helped x

Healthy extras aren't compulsory but you really should have them as often as possible - they are part of the plan and there for a reason.
Syns should be a minimum of 5 a day. Eating too little can affect your weight just as eating too much can as your body can go into a starvation mode and hold on to fat as it thinks it is not getting a sufficient intake. You really do need your syns and HEXes to maintain good weight loss and a healthy diet.

Healthy extras aren't compulsory but you really should have them as often as possible - they are part of the plan and there for a reason.
Syns should be a minimum of 5 a day. Eating too little can affect your weight just as eating too much can as your body can go into a starvation mode and hold on to fat as it thinks it is not getting a sufficient intake. You really do need your syns and HEXes to maintain good weight loss and a healthy diet.

What she said.

Added to this. The SW Plan is very low in fat without syns and healthy extras. You need that fat to process and absorb nearly all vitamins and minerals. So not only will it not help your weight loss to not have them, it can in fact hinder it.

Back