Healthy Extras - I am stumped on this one! *Help!!*

LilmissMunchies

Hi everyone,
I am just thinking of a few questions about Healthy Extras as I have come across this Dilemma tonight and thought you know what, instead of being unsure I am going to ask my new found MM friends! :) hehe x

Right well I have a few queries about the choices you can make on EE :

1) Can you mix HEX A's or (half recommended milk and half recommended cheese) and HEX B's (Such as having half the daily allowance of a cereal and having one small loaf slice of wholemeal later in the day?)

2) Can you have different allowances of the same HEX A's or B's that you have chosen? For example 20g of cathedral light cheese and some extra light cheese triangles or half recommended portion of one cereal with half the recommended portion of the other ??

Just to add I did ask my Consultant when I first started in Feb and she said no you can't but since then I have wanted to see if other people had any views on that?

Hope this makes sense and thanks for any help you can give! :worthy:

Hi this is from an earlier thread:

From Slimming World FAQ

Q) Do I have to eat all my healthy extras

A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you'll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice, e.g. 28g Kellogg's All-Bran 1 Ryvita Multigrain crispbread. With all single item choices, feel free!

I was wondering about this myself..
Thanks.

Hi
I am new to this Minimins and have a total dilema about what to eat for breakfast. I have been on slimming world now for two months but i am totally bored with shreddies, shredded wheat and weetabix. is there any exciting cereals we can have that i can use as a healthy B. i mix with fruit but i am finding it boring. i dont have time to make eggsin the morning.
Please help any ideas?????:confused:

I only started on SW on Friday but I find I am using my free foods for Breakfast, I had a scrummy breakfast today, grilled bacon, 2 poached eggs and baked beans. I haven't had anything else to eat since as I still feel quite full.

I like layering chopped fruit with yogurt and muesli, I tend to use Dorset cereals simply fruity as you get 40g, this looks really indulgent. I also like porridge especially when made with chocolate milk (oatly is 200ml for a Hex or kara coconut chocolate milk is 1.5 syns per 100ml) or cocoa (1 level tbsp is 1 syn) with raspberries or banana.

Shell McD said:
Hi
I am new to this Minimins and have a total dilema about what to eat for breakfast. I have been on slimming world now for two months but i am totally bored with shreddies, shredded wheat and weetabix. is there any exciting cereals we can have that i can use as a healthy B. i mix with fruit but i am finding it boring. i dont have time to make eggsin the morning.
Please help any ideas?????:confused:

There is a brilliant thread in the main forum called 'whats for breakfast' Be worth a look :) should give you tons of ideas x

Hi this is from an earlier thread:

From Slimming World FAQ

Q) Do I have to eat all my healthy extras

A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

Great ! I have only just remembered to reply to this thread as keep forgetting to write a reply so I thought I definitely will today :)
My consultant said if I don't eat ALL what is on the plan it will hinder my weight loss? Although I do have my choices, both HEA's and HEB's, she did say unless I ate all on the plan, free foods, superfree, syns and all the Healthy extra choices! Now I know if I unintentionally miss one It wont affect my losses!

Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you'll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice, e.g. 28g Kellogg's All-Bran 1 Ryvita Multigrain crispbread. With all single item choices, feel free!

Multiple items in one choice, what does that mean? I am totally a dunce at this!!! haha! :eek:

I thought I was getting this mixing lark but now I still am not sure If I can actually have 3 triangles and half the milk allowance to make up my HEA, or 1 slice of bread and one alpen bar to equal my HEB?

My instinct is no I can't and I havn't done, but I am curious to know if you could? Or can you mix cereals that your aloud the same quantitys of? Like 20g of one brand and 20g of another that your aloud 40g ??
Ok this really is a confusing subject ! haha ..

I think it's fine to mix and have half of one and half anther. As long as your getting your daily amount of calcium and fibre. I mixed my cheeses today as I ran out of low fat cheddar so had 22g low fat cheddar with 3 extra light laughing cows :)

I dont go to groups I just use this site and do it from home but I've read loads of posts saying it's ok to. The consultants seem to get stuff wrong sometimes. But don't quote me on anything lol cos I could still be wrong x

it's ok Sully :) To be honest I have learned alot more from here so far than from class!! As much as I do like my consultant.. Things she has said before have stumped me, she doesn't always give truely accurate info sometimes.. I know everyone can make mistakes though x
I am thinking of going it from home if I fit in some more exercise like kickboxercise as Its proving to all add up every month and I need to make some cuts.. I will see how I go perhaps going every 2 weeks and see if it helps moneywise or I might even do it religiously from home?!! .. However I do It as long as I am getting losses and keeping up with any changes of info etc, I'm sure I'll get there :) x

Anyone else have any thoughts on this confusing subject?? hehe x :confused:

It is expensive. Our local consultant was rubbish!! I'm managing to do it ok from home and saving money too! I think you still have to pay if you miss a week though? Well you used to anyway, it might have changed now x

Well they tried to charge me for missing a few weeks back when I went back last week but I had told my consultant what was happening beforehand and she didn't warn me of any charge for missing a week! So if thats the norm then I might have to knock it on the head!! :eek: Will see what she says if I explain I will only be able to make once every two weeks roughly ?? ..hmmm I have a feeling she may want all or nothing... lol !

Yeah I remember being told that I had an allocated amount of holidays which I had to book off and then any other classes I missed outside of this I would still have to pay for! That was 2 years ago.

Woofer is Mylo lol, he's good at cheesy grins :)

He's a total softie!! Love him to bits! We've got two cats and bunny wabbit too (I'm mad about animals) he's much more photogenic than me too! Hence why I have him as my profile picture on here and my Facebook lol

I'm a bit of a sucker for animals too!! I have a dog, 6 cats, 1 rabbit and 2 rats :) .. I'm a sucker for a rescue scenario hence that many cats but have since said to the kids and BF, Thats got to be it now... no more! lol x
I will be trying to find a piccy of me to put in the little profile pic now actually as been meaning to put one up... that is if I can find one! lol.

ps: do you have a diary on here? x

Ha ha that is a lot of animals!! I'd have more if BF would let me but he won't. My excuse is he won't let us have babies yet so I keep getting animals instead lol! I daren't put a picture of myself as my profile, I just look awful in every photo.
I don't have a dairy on here, never even thought about starting one. I've only been doing it 3 weeks so far. Lost 2lbs first week then was naughty all second week and then back on it this week. Will weigh myself Monday lol x

Back