Healthy Extras on Red - confused about portions

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Healthy Extras' started by nsmyth88, 11 May 2012.

1. nsmyth88

nsmyth88 Well-Known Member

Hi all

I was reading up on the healthy extras on Red/Original Plan and there are a few things that have confused me about how much you are allowed of something.

e.g. The weights listed under Healthy Extra B it says:

• 120g red kidney beans & 60g red kidney beans
    • 150g garden peas & 75g garden peas

Then under Healthy Extra A:
    • 2 x mini babybel light cheddar cheeses & 3 x mini babybel light cheeses

Can anyone explain this?

2. nsmyth88

I also meant to ask - can you have red lentils as a Healthy Extra B on Red/Original plan? Or just green or brown lentils?
  3. jayde1148

jayde1148 Well-Known Member

Just looked in the book. The 2 different weights for kidney beans is because if you have 60g it is considered a speed food portion but 120g is higher fiber. Same as 2 ryvitad are speed but you can have 4.

You can have 2 mini babybel light in cheddet but 3 normal light babybels.

Can't see other lentils in the book but you could check online as there are loads more listed. Hope that helps. Cheese is only a b on green plans x
  4. nsmyth88

thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated! :) still can't find any info on the red lentils...i have a feeling they may be syned as they aren't listed in the book. Maybe they don't have as much fibre as the green and brown ones?