• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Healthy Mexican Food

Shrinking_Bev

Likes to eat.........alot
I am planning on doing fajitas tonight with LF cheese and plenty of free onions, mushrooms, peppers and salad but what can i do without SOUR CREAM????

Has anyone tried the 0% Greek yoghurt instead?

Any other suggestions for healthy Mexican style food? How about any spicy rice suggestions?

Thanks
I always use 0% Greek yoghurt Iamdetermind, and it works really well as a substitute :D

0% greek yogurt is ace. I make all sorts of stuff using that, including a cucumber raita with fresh mint for a curry. Its proper nom.

I am sure it would be a more than fab replacement for sour cream.

Add lemon juice to 0% greek yoghurt, it will give it the tangy taste of sour cream....

GeordieChris83

Long Term Target Setter
Add lemon juice to 0% greek yoghurt, it will give it the tangy taste of sour cream....
Great idea Mrs Harley, I LOVE Mexican food so the thought of going without sour cream upsets me, I'll be sure to give this a try!!

mumlisa

Really wants to be thin!!
I have always wanted to know about mexican food so i must try it

Being from the states, mexican food is more of a staple here like curry is to the brits. And in my opinion, one of the easiest cuisines to make "lean". Fajitas are GREAT and u can pile so much veg in there. A fajita salad is also amazing and doesn't really need dressing. Refried beans are AWESOME and they're easy to make. And spanish rice. YUM! I guess I know what I'm making for dinner now!

Being from the states, mexican food is more of a staple here like curry is to the brits. And in my opinion, one of the easiest cuisines to make "lean". Fajitas are GREAT and u can pile so much veg in there. A fajita salad is also amazing and doesn't really need dressing. Refried beans are AWESOME and they're easy to make. And spanish rice. YUM! I guess I know what I'm making for dinner now!
How do you make refried beans hun?? I have only ever bought them in a tin! I love them, cant believe they are free!!!

Mmmm think I might factor in a mexican night this week - We all like Britmums fajita pasta!

Fry up some onions and minced garlic with frylite. Add cooked pinto beans a little at a time, mashing as u go with a little stock or water. To get the thinner restaurant style, puree them or half of them. They should have a smooth creamy texture. Traditional refried beans use lard. Frylite will have to do.

Tracy831

HERE I GO AGAIN !!!!!!!
Thanks for that recipe mommynoriana, I'm making tacos tonight so this will go well but I will do it with kidney beans as that's all I have! :)

Kidney beans?! Hmmmm. How did that go? I'm sure there was a difference in flavor but did it work out nicely?

Mmm, sounds very yummy! How did they work out? I love Mexican food! X

Tracy831

HERE I GO AGAIN !!!!!!!
They were good although the skins of the beans are a bit thicker.
I am making it again tonight with spicy rice and fajitas yum yum :)

mejulie70

I will NOT eat chocolate
hi does anybody know which are the lowest syn's in tortilla wraps/taccos cause they seem to b quite a lot of syns each . . . unless im lookin up the wrong ones . . . the asda ones are 4.5 syns each . . but id need at least 2/3 . . supose as a one off they wouldnt b too bad