Healthy Savory Foods

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by W5CHELS, 11 August 2009 Social URL.

1. W5CHELS

W5CHELS Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.18%)
    Diet:
    My own
    I love stuff like pies, sausage rolls (hence why I'm fat!!) but I've realised when shopping there's not much healthy savory food, it's all healthy sweet food like chocolate, cakes etc etc

I tried those fridge raider chicken bites but there f*cking disgusting! Anyone got any other ideas?

:cool:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dramatic_Star

Dramatic_Star Calorie Counter

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(18.3%)
    Diet:
    Low calorie
    If you like Marmite, the cheesy bites are gorgeous at around 80 calories a pop. Really hit the savoury 'sweet' tooth for me.

Snack-A-Jacks, cheesesticks, etc come to mind. Don't know of anything that compares to a sausage roll, but I'm sure others can help you on that one.

4. Patchninja

Patchninja Full Member

Start Weight:
    30kg
    Current Weight:
    30kg
    Goal Weight:
    60kg
    Lost(%):
    0kg(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I don't think that anything will compare sadly as it's the fatty flavours that are so tasty - think bacon fat! But, you could make your own chicken bites - you'd have to count the calories / points google some recipes that you can adapt to "healthy"! Something with maple syrup springs to mind!

5. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Not sure on calorie content or nutritional info, Im afraid, but what about the quorn sausage rolls and cocktail sausages etc? I presume they would be lower fat/cal than meaty ones... Wish I could find calorie info for ya..!

6. Spannerwanner

Spannerwanner technologically ignorant

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Miso soup has very few calories - could be a bit high in salt.

Actually I think there are a range of oriental options of the noodle soup variety that could work.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.