Healthy ways to use Syns?

MidlandsChick

Hi, I have 5 stone to lose and really don't want to start snacking on crisps and junk and alcohol again, I'm at my best when I stay away from all that stuff. I don't like chocolate or fizzy drinks and I'm having trouble getting beyond 2-3 Syns some days? I'm genuinely not hungry after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Are there any ways to add extra Syns to meals or dishes so I don't have to waste them on snacks just for the sake of it? All I have come up with are avocados. If I keep my HEa for cheese, can I Syn milk? Thanks!

I never thought of hot chocolate & cream, thank you! I'll get some cream to add to fruit too. I've been using a little bit of mayo & ketchup the odd time but might use it with the SW chips. Thanks x Keep 'em coming!

What about other condiments to ketchup/mayo- sweet chilli sauce is yummy in lots of sauces/stews/marinades, brown sauce too, sour cream is nice with Mexican/Indian food (I use cottage cheese as i rarely have spare syns!). You could also add things to meals like stuffing, gravy, roast your veg in olive oil, add a little maple syrup or honey to fruit (tastier when not in season) also mini meringues are nice- dont feel like junk either.
You could use syns on things like wraps/pittas to make pizza or proper Mexican food... That's all I can think of for now!

Have a look at weight loss b***h (female dog) blog, she uses her syns in healthier snacks like naked bars or nuts

There are some hifi bars available in group the don't have chocolate in. If you have one as a hex b and then have another one for 6 syns or you can have 2 hifi light bars for a hex b or 2 for 6 syns. Hope that helps x

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions, I really appreciate it! Got some pittas, avocado, wraps, chorizo today and I'll have a look at that blog, you're all so brilliant xxx

Oh I was just reading that blog and it reminded me she often uses her syns for an extra Heb they are normally 6 syns but check, may give you some ideas

I find I am in a much better head space when I use my syns within my meals than on "treats" such as crisps and chocolates.

I find I am in a much better head space when I use my syns within my meals than on "treats" such as crisps and chocolates.

I'm exactly the same Roziee, I have a difficult time with moderation so I'd actually rather have no crisps/chocolate/wine at all than try and include them several times a week. I know diet drinks are free too but I don't like sweetener so I feel better when I stick to water.

The ways I use syns in my meals include:

A low fat cheese on a pizza (using a chicken breast as the pizza base) or syns on the pizza dough itself (the fakeaways recipe book has a great one)
Olive oil in a salad dressing (olive oil can be a HEB too)
Olives in a salad
Sprinkle of nuts over a desert / added to my porridge
Dates in my porridge
'Convenience' foods when I am short of time like sachets of porridge, supermarket ready-made salads and sushi for lunches
Mayo in a tuna sandwich
A different flavour salad dressing (Very seldom because I quite like the syn free ones)
Trying some of the SW recipes that are main meals but low in syns (I love to try new recipes)
Baked apples / baked fruit
Making better choices without being rude when someone else has cooked me a meal knowing that the hostess has not followed SW ideas (I can eat her food knowing that there will probably be more syns than if I had made the same dish and know that I can estimate the syns later)
And working in a very friendly office with lots of women interested in baking and cooking there are often samples to try and always birthday cakes. Not often enough to ruin my daily plan but I can participate without being rude and still control the syns.

I see some of these as healthier alternatives to crisps and sweets and other ideas as part of my not being a social diet bore.

Also the Slimming Worlds light bites book is brilliant for low syn foods and they take little prep x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

If you want a sweet drink, you could go for an options hot chocolate drink. They even do a White chocolate one. The majority of the lighter options are 2.5 Syns each so long as you make them as per the instructions :)

Hot choc 2syn and whipped cream lite 0.5 syncs and if I'm feeling cheeky, a Jaffa cake, 2.5 syns

Back