heartburn/chest pain

JodieJoJo

Silver Member
Got abit of a stomach upset this evening and now i've developed a heartburn/indigestion type pain in my chest. I've suffered with plurisy before and it feels like it might be that coming on.

Could be totally unlinked to CD but just wondered if anybody else has had similar symptoms?

I've no advice to give but yes I've had it too! I'm sure I've read on here of others that also suffered.

Any CDCs want to shed light on this???

Hello JJJ,
I have been getting heartburn since starting the diet. It's not unbearable, but I never experienced it before CD so it was a suprise.
You've been on the diet longer than I have so if this is a new thing perhaps it isn't down to CD for you.
I dunno, that's just my twopennorth.
I do hope your heartburn goes away soon though.
k_o

Hi All, Im not a CDC (would love to be but time is a problem!) but I can confirm many get indigestion whilst on it, I used to get chronic pains.

I found certain packs made it worse, but the bars nearly killed me, choc orange and toffee really really hurt me.

I think, well I guess (!) that the theory behind is that when we eat solids, it pushes stomach acid down, so as we dont eat solids there is nothing to push it down.

Gavison advance was my savior, and also a cheap old remedy called magnesium triscilcate (sp), with this you disolve a couple of teaspoons in water and hey presto, tiz gone!!!!

I have suffered with a hiatus hernia for years, my daughter was over 9lbs so this gave it to me, and I found it was really bad whilst SSing

As with any chest pain its worth having a chat with your GP, as my theory is just that, a theory.

I found as long as I had a remedy when I got it, and looked at what packs made it worse then I could cope just fine, trial and error with me!!!

Back