HEB bread amounts - I'm being swindled here!

mandy296

Silver Member
So, I've been on Slimming World for over a year now, yet today was the first time I thought to weigh my bread.

And slimming world are stealing food from me!!

The food optimising book says you can have 57g of ANY wholemeal bread, or you can have two slices from a 400g loaf.

Today I weighed my 2 slices from a wholemeal warburtons loaf and it came to 40g!! I could have been eating 17g more bread!! Those slices are tiny too - I could do with all the extra bread I can get!

Cant believe I hadnt discovered this before, might make a sandwich from my 2 slices and have an extra half slice of bread for a bit of toast from now on.

I noticed that a 400g slice is 3 syns and a 800g slice is 4 syns, so I've been having the extra half, or an extra ryvita. Not SW rules, but I'm at target and it doesn't seem to have done me any harm.
I do look at the calories too though, so even wholemeal loaves have 100+ calories per slice!

well spotted! I am weighting mine tom! one more slice is a huge differnce!

Thank you for noticing this! I've been craving extra bread since I started, definitely weighing mine tomorrow!

I found that by cutting off the top crust off 2 slices of WM bread from 800g loaf equals between 55/60grms, ive done this forever and it doesnt affect my weightloss.... when i stick to plan that is :)

Back