Heb help. Oats so simple

Porridge oats are still a heb but not the oatso simple sachets. The book only gives a sample of the options so check online for the full list :)

The oatso simple sachets were on the list but they were taken off a day or two ago hun so they are definitely not a heb choice any more. My guess is because a lot of people were not taking the ryvita as well :-(

I have these as a HEB a few times a week (and never had the Ryvita! what a naughty girl :sign0007:)

I've still got a box left to eat so I will be carrying on having, and using them as a HEXB, them until they're gone (and if I'm completely honest I'll probably continue to buy them and use them as a B - they're so convenient for work - and I will accept the consequences. ;) )

I have these as a HEB a few times a week (and never had the Ryvita! what a naughty girl :sign0007:)

I've still got a box left to eat so I will be carrying on having, and using them as a HEXB, them until they're gone (and if I'm completely honest I'll probably continue to buy them and use them as a B - they're so convenient for work - and I will accept the consequences. ;) )

Or you could just change to one of the sachets that are still on the list ;)

I always have these at work too :( wonder why they aren't on it anymore hmm to be honest if I can't find the other ones I may still use them occasionally too! Although probably cheaper to buy big box of normal porridge and weigh in to plastic bags!

I am unsure why they have done this as in the book list you can have 35g unflavoured porridge oats but on the extended list online the sachets are 30g (Scotts) & 28g (Mornflake - which I have never heard of). The oats so simple original is unflavoured are 27g sachets so I dont see the problem in 1g if you were to buy the mornflake ones. I dont even remember in the books to eat anything else along with the porridge. I will need to check this when I get home.

I will continue to buy the oats so simple :)

I am unsure why they have done this as in the book list you can have 35g unflavoured porridge oats but on the extended list online the sachets are 30g (Scotts) & 28g (Mornflake - which I have never heard of). The oats so simple original is unflavoured are 27g sachets so I dont see the problem in 1g if you were to buy the mornflake ones. I dont even remember in the books to eat anything else along with the porridge. I will need to check this when I get home.

I will continue to buy the oats so simple :)

Hi there

Morning flake are from ALDI if that helps

I asked tonight why this was no longer included as a HEB and was told since the allowance is now 35g, the 27/28g sachet is not considered to have enough fibre to be allowed as one.

Fair do's! I will nd 2 use up wot i have 1st as i have bout 3 boxes of the stuff!!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

I've bought Mornflakes in Tesco as they were cheaper than OSS, not sure if the Aldi ones are the same? They're still listed as new on the website, so I guess it's only a recent thing. Anyway, they have oatbran added which OSS do not so I guess that's why they count as that would increase the fibre. Has nearly 1g more fibre per sachet according to Tesco's site.

Honestly if the oats so simple wasn't a problem before why would they be now? One of my gripes with sw is this changing of foods for no reason. If your full your full. Why would you eat the Ryvita "just for"? Also seems if not many folk were doing it and still losing weight, why change? Does the extra fibre help you lose weight? I think not to be honest. I am sure if I started eating one Ryvita on top of my porridge...dry as well, I wouldn't be losing that much more. Sorry everyone but it bugs me and makes me wonder if they aren't in cahoots with the supermarkets or branded families to help promote the food.

Back