Hello all!

Hiya everyone!

Stumbled across this forum quite a few times and have spent the past few weeks lurking. Today, I decided it was time to peek out of the lurker shadows and say hello! :peep:

I wrote off dieting a few months ago and started to simply eat healthier and count my calories, which I think is the only thing that will work for me!

I don't have a very pleasant weight loss history, but it's something that I'd like to blog about to remind myself that eating healthily is the best thing for me...it's just getting that courage to write about it is quite difficult!

I have three reasons for wanting to slim down:

I want to be a healthier person in general - not drink as much, not eat as many 'bad' things.

I'm getting married in just under two years and want to be a fabulously confident bride! My fiancee is also trying to work towards this goal, even though I think she'll look stunning either way. :character00100:

I have fibromyalgia which makes me feel very weak and tired, and I think that if I feel healthy and motivated I can hopefully gain some of the strength that I used to have and therefore exercise more often.

I've not written much in my profile yet, I can't really say anything other than I love taking pictures, I am a MASSIVE gaming geek/comic book nerd!

Hello from one book worm to another :) did you know theres a book club here in the chit chat section :)

make sure you read the sticky information in the heading of this section, it will help you to do and learn certain things about this forum. its a good idea to blog your own journey and keep yourself a diary,it really helps,theres lots of motivation in the diaries :D

have you had a look at my fitness pal?
a lot of users here use that site,has calculators,tools, food and exercise dairies, helps keep track of your cals and it has a huge data base where you can look up food, its worth a peak :)

good luck with you weight loss :D

I was diagnosed with mild fibromyalgia and I know how it feels. I can't exercise really hard as it can bring the symtoms on and as you know it makes you feel pretty bad.

I have therefore focused on the eating intake with light exercise and it's working well. I've used the Wii Fit as the basis of my exercises.

Good luck.

Hello from one book worm to another :) did you know theres a book club here in the chit chat section :)

make sure you read the sticky information in the heading of this section, it will help you to do and learn certain things about this forum. its a good idea to blog your own journey and keep yourself a diary,it really helps,theres lots of motivation in the diaries :D

have you had a look at my fitness pal?
a lot of users here use that site,has calculators,tools, food and exercise dairies, helps keep track of your cals and it has a huge data base where you can look up food, its worth a peak :)

good luck with you weight loss :D

Hi! Thanks for the tip about the book club, I will certainly be posting/browsing there, yay for reading!

I do think a diary is a good idea, and I think it'd give me inspiration and motivation and a good kick up the bum when I feel like chucking the towel in!

I'll have a look at the site too, thank you for pointing me in the right directions! :bunnydance:

I was diagnosed with mild fibromyalgia and I know how it feels. I can't exercise really hard as it can bring the symtoms on and as you know it makes you feel pretty bad.

I have therefore focused on the eating intake with light exercise and it's working well. I've used the Wii Fit as the basis of my exercises.

Good luck.

I know it sounds like a horrible thing to say, but it's nice to know that I'm not alone with the fibro - it makes me so frustrated sometimes and I don't know anybody else who suffers.

I'm unable to exercise much too because it really does hit me full force then, so I stick to Wii Fit also, which I find is ace!

Thank you! :)

Hi! Thanks for the tip about the book club, I will certainly be posting/browsing there, yay for reading!

I do think a diary is a good idea, and I think it'd give me inspiration and motivation and a good kick up the bum when I feel like chucking the towel in!

I'll have a look at the site too, thank you for pointing me in the right directions! :bunnydance:

You're welcome...keep posting! ;)

Back