Hello and here I go!

Ddraig

Hi everyone, I am a 32 year old mother of 4 children aged 2-11 years old. I do have an angel baby also who would be 13 this year, so I have put my body through its paces.
I was a svelte 9st8 when I was 18 ( weren't we all?) and then I met my husband, who is a massive foodie! hehe. I flew up to about 12 stone between going out, carrying and losing my first child and also operations on my ovaries.
After each child a little bit extra weight stayed on...okay, a lot of weight. I hovered around 13 st and yoyo'd between 13 and 14 st for ages. Then something I didn't think would happen happened, I had had fertility treatment for the first 3 babies, then I got pregnant on my own. I ballooned to over 16 st and had my last little girl. Just as the weight was coming down, 3 and a bit years later, I fell pregnant again. The weight from my son just never left me, I stayed at around 15st10 and 16st. I did do a training program with my personal trainer who is my sister, she is qualified in exercise science about a year ago and went down to 14st4. I was back to 16st by the end of 2012, so I put my foot down.
I have been eating sensibly since New year's day, no alcohol and sensible portion control, which has got me to 15st6 in 3 weeks.
So that is my adult life in weight, I remember what my weight was at many significant moments in my life and that just doesn't seem right to me, so I want to get rid of it all and start living. I am sick of my weight holding me back, making me avoid reunions or going out because I don't think I look good in anything. My weight is really impeding on the bubbly and outgoing girl I was when I was a size 10 or 12. I want her back!
I am soon to start SW diet plan but solo, as I can't afford the weekly costs and my friend is giving me what I need to know.

Good luck!

I was over 15 stone in may 2011 - a size 18 and obviously too big for my 5 ft 4 inch height.

I got down to 9 stone late last year and a size 8 /10 so am proof it can be done with a lot of determination and a clear vision of what you want to achieve.

Happy to share my hints and tips - just shout

Gretagrip, that is a really kind offer of help, thank you. I have lots of reading to do as I don't know a think about Slimming World. I will just be using common sense until I know what I am doing, seems to be working so far and I am trying to fit in my exercise bike.
You have done amazing and I am extremely focused to my goal. What is different is I know I can't get pregnant again as husband had the snip. Am I a nutcase for having that phobia? Every time I dropped down under 13st, pregnancy was easier. With 4 children we no longer want any more, yet the phobia is still there. I call it a phobia because I seriously think that has been a block during these two years. Fat is a safety blanket, one I don't want any more.
I will have to get use to the site tomorrow, I have got use to part of it but need a good read around I think.
See you tomorrow if you are on, thanks again.
x

Try not to think about what may or may not happen of how you might feel by getting to 13 stone. It sounds mad but fretting about this stuff is a form of self sabotage. Far better is to focus on the job in hand which is getting the weight off.

SW is a great plan - providing you ignore the free food thing as far as unlimited rice and pasta goes! What worked for me ultimately was a calorie controlled diet with no white carbs and no alcohol. Boring eh? It's also crucial to write down everything you eat - it really helps to keep you accountable to yourself .

How have you found the past day or two ? I have a long running diary over in the Cambridge diet section ( although it's for any dieter ) and you'd be welcome to come across - there's loads of good tips on there from various girls

Back