Hello! Another newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by somewhere_inside_is_me, 21 November 2008 Social URL.

?

Christmas is...

Poll closed 21 December 2008.
  1. Torture - I feel like a freak!

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Difficult - all those temptations, but I'll be strong!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Something that happens every year - I'll cope

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  4. Brilliant - no-one expects me to diet so it doesn't count!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. somewhere_inside_is_me

somewhere_inside_is_me Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Where to start? Well, I'm 44, about 19stones, three lovely boys (15, 10 and 4), two failed marriages, currently not working but hoping one day to get back to work. I had a bit of a breakdown last year when several bad things happened:cry:, but on the whole I'm a happy person who thinks too much. I live in North Wales, and I'd love to be able to enjoy the outdoors here instead of cursing my dog every time I give her a short walk.:eek:
    Why am I here? I've stopped fooling myself with words like curvy, voluptuous, cuddly..and even BBW doesn't seem appropropriate any more. I'm fed up of having lovely things in my wardrobe that I can't wear (and of that having changed from clothes bought in the hope of being a size 12 (UK) to being grateful for an 18/20 that fits). My asthma is getting worse, my right hip grates when I walk...time for action!!!!
    I was going to start (oh you all know, tomorrow, next week, next month, New Year) but I have absolutely no Xmas invitations so I figure my time would be better spend trying to lose some weight rather than procrastinating. I have a LighterLife appointment tomorrow morning - I've tried Slimming World, Atkins, Rosemary Conley etc. - I know that while I have the option to make choices about what to eat it doesn't last long, and I really find losing the approved 2lbs a week too frustrating for words! I drink red wine most nights and I know this doesn't help as it's just empty calories and leads to munchies as well as being a depressant, and I think I need to break that habit as well as my tendency to comfort eat. So I'm thinking meal replacement diets are the answer. There aren't any pharmacies around here that do Lipotrim, and I don't think my doctor does it either - the surgery only ever offer a "sensible" eating plan and weigh-ins with the nurse. So I guess LL might be the only choice - but I welcome any other ideas.:confused: I want to lose 3 stones before my birthday in March, and my long term goal is to lose half my current weight - aiming for around 9st7lbs at 5'4" in height.
    Looking forward to getting to know you and sharing the journey.:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Welcome to the site .... there are lots of fantastic people on here at all stages on their weight loss journey and using different ways to do it. Hope you enjoy looking around the site - and shout if you need any help.

I think there's a mini meet up in N Wales sometime soon as well ... take a look in the meetings section.

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
  5. charliegirl

charliegirl Silver Member

Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    Hi and welcome to minis....you will find lots of advice and support on here and I for one will follow your progress to see how you are getting on...good luck....xx

6. MummyEm

MummyEm Slowly but surely!

Start Weight:
    17st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.5lb(5.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi and Welcome! Good luck on your journey! With 98lbs to loose myself I know its daunting but this forum is great and I wouldnt have lasted this long without it :)

7. Tanari

Tanari 100% Focused

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Diet:
    S&S
    Welcome to minimins. Good luck on your weight lost journey

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

Hi welcome to minimins hun :) lots of support and advice here :) x

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  10. Jax123

Jax123 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Hi and :welcome: to Minimins. Good luck on your weight loss journey xxx

11. somewhere_inside_is_me

somewhere_inside_is_me Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thank you to everyone for the welcome, and especially for the meet info! Well, I see the LL counsellor tomorrow morning, not sure how quickly one can start the programme - the official site goes on about medicals etc, does that really happen? Trying to use up the "bad" stuff in the larder and fridge but I'll still have to shop for food for the boys.

12. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi from me too :)

I'm 41, about 19 stone also at the mo, 3 kids, 21, 10 and 5 years old and 2 divorces behind me. :D Just so you know you're not on your own..:)

i didn't work for a while then decided I wanted to study again so I went back to my Social Work degree then into the area I love, working with young people and substance misuse.

Lovely to meet you and please ask if there's anything you need help with.

Lacey..xx :)

13. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Let us know how you get on. Also have a look at the success stories in the LL section
    Good luck
    Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.