Hello everyone! Any advice welcome :)

Hi everyone!

Me name is Katie and have just started my diet today. I'm giving the ASDA Measure up diet a go which basically involves having a shake for breakfast, and 100cal snack around 11am, shake for my lunch at 1pm, snack (100cal) at 4pm and then my dinner at about 6pm (around 600cal, its a long wait until the next meal so always use the 600cal!!!).

I'm currently 9st 13lbs which is in the middle of my healthy weight range but I want to lose about 7lbs if possible to be at the lower end of my weight range and to more importantly, tone up!!!

Any comments on the measure up diet welcome or any advice off anyone who is already doing to diet :)

Katie x:)

Sorry not heard of that diet I will be starting slim and save mon I will be doing 3 shakes and a protein low fat, carb meal. so similar in the sense that its mainly shakes and meal. My diet concentrates on very little carbs, fat and calories for fast weight loss.

Yeah they do sound very similar. I will have to read about that and see if there is any difference. What low carb meals are you having. I tend to have carbs in most of my meals before I started this today and its my downfall. Im worried that Im going to struggle with the low carb side of it.xx

Hi Katie I am allowed measured amounts of chicken, white fish, prawns, tofu, quorn, two eggs and 200g certain salad, Vegs. Two and half litres water per day. Tea, coffee with sweeteners and critic free diet drinks. By having limited carbs around 50g per day and 800 cals will put me in ketosis and after 3/4 days once in ketosis energy levels go up and hunger fades. The weight losses are amazing. Most loss between 9 and 14 lb in first week. Popular VLCD diets are Cambridge diet, exante, slim and save, lipotrim tree are a few on here under VLCD diets. Slim fast and similar are not VLCD diets as the meals have to be a total meal replacement. Also to much sugar in them to put you into ketosis. I love VLCD diets but it isn't for the faint hearted lol. How you doing?

Back