• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Hello Everyone

Hello everyone
My name is Gillian and I am 34. I have 5 children, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10....Now this year in May was time to take care of myself. I started with sw but found the EE hard work and changed to the original plan and that is working for me. I have high BP but for today, first time in 3 years was normal :) and I also have diabetes and if I continue to loose and my bloods are as good and better in Dec I might start coming off some meds :)

Long way to go for me still but just taking it a day at a time.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

kellbell

Yoyo dieting my way through life!
Hi Gillian, welcome to minimins :) I have 5 children too, 12, 11, 9, 5 and baby is 8 and a half months. You must be as mad as me :D Good luck on your weight loss journey, sounds like you're benefitting health wise already which is great :) x

Hi there, thanks for the welcome. 5 is hard work and dont meet many others with 5. Not much of a gap with mine but not bad going after being told I could not have children lol.

Hi Mummy2five,
Welcome to the boards. I'm pretty new to mini mins too but just wanted to say good luck with your weight loss journey. Like you said, one day at a time..

Blue x

well done Gillian, all sounds very positive and you have such a lot to gain,

keep up the good work, and wow what an amazing loss so far! x

kellbell

Hi there, thanks for the welcome. 5 is hard work and dont meet many others with 5. Not much of a gap with mine but not bad going after being told I could not have children lol.
Oh yes, 5 is very hard work! But so rewarding :) That is good going! lol Are you having anymore? I think I'm going to stop at 5 but my hormones may have other ideas lol x

kellbell

Hi I'm new to all this too , and I just wanted to say I'm 34 and also have five kids aged 17,16,12,10 and 9 .
Hi hun, wow thats 15 kids between 3 of us lol

Welcome to the forum everyone, this site is fab for support and advice.

Kell x

Oh yes, 5 is very hard work! But so rewarding :) That is good going! lol Are you having anymore? I think I'm going to stop at 5 but my hormones may have other ideas lol x
Number 5 was a very hard pregnancy and after #4 being 2 weeks early and 12lbs I swore there would be NO #5 lol BUT then along came #5 and I developed a few problems very early on and gestaional diabetes and ended up with an emergency section at 35 weeks I asked them to sterilise me, some days I wish I never as I would love more but I am enjoying watching them grow now :)

mummy2five said:
Number 5 was a very hard pregnancy and after #4 being 2 weeks early and 12lbs I swore there would be NO #5 lol BUT then along came #5 and I developed a few problems very early on and gestaional diabetes and ended up with an emergency section at 35 weeks I asked them to sterilise me, some days I wish I never as I would love more but I am enjoying watching them grow now :)
I got sterilised 8 years ago and I'm sooo glad best thing I done ... And omg 12 lb ! I had gestational diabetes too with my 4th which was a boy and he was on time and luckily only weighed in at 7lb 7 ounces .. And he was my biggest lol

kellbell

It is lovely watching them grow with their own little personalities. I have thought about sterilsation but my doctor told me to give it a year (this was after just my 5th who is now 8 and a half months) because he knows how maternal I get and doesn't want me to make any hasty decisions. I don't think my body could cope with another pregnancy, I had terrible SPD with both my youngest. But who knows :) x

I got sterilised 8 years ago and I'm sooo glad best thing I done ... And omg 12 lb ! I had gestational diabetes too with my 4th which was a boy and he was on time and luckily only weighed in at 7lb 7 ounces .. And he was my biggest lol

Ahh that is a great weight for having GD. My 5th was 5 weeks early and 8lb 9oz and looked so odd in SCBU lol

It is lovely watching them grow with their own little personalities. I have thought about sterilsation but my doctor told me to give it a year (this was after just my 5th who is now 8 and a half months) because he knows how maternal I get and doesn't want me to make any hasty decisions. I don't think my body could cope with another pregnancy, I had terrible SPD with both my youngest. But who knows :) x

My mother in law still saya SPD is all in the head and not a real condition grrrrr. I had it with my 3rd and then worse again with my 4th and 5th time I was on crutches very early.....I would love more but my body was finished making babies lol