Hello Everyone!

faery_lights

Going Places
Hi there!

My name is Hannah! I'm 23, from the UK originally but currently living in South Korea.

My weight has been a battle all my life- I 'became' fat when I was about 6 or 7. I lost a stone and a half on Weight Watchers when I was 15 before promptly piling it all back on again. Then in 2009, I used the Tesco Diet system and lost almost 40lbs. And incredible achievment. However, I graduated Uni, had my heart broken and well- not all of it went back on but a lot of it did.

I moved to Korea last August and despite inititally losing weight, I started to make lots of bad food choices. In March, I decided enough was enough. I went out, bought scales, exercise DVDs, an elliptical trainer and well, I haven't looked back. I've so far lost a Stone, which I am incredibly proud of. I am exercising more than I ever have in my life. However, my results so far have been... not as regular as I would have liked which I think is to do with my eating habits. As such, I have recently started using MyFitnessPal to track my eating and exercising. I decided to look for an online community to join too because I really feel like I need support in this. Living alone makes trying to change your life style that much harder because the only person you are accountable to is yourself. Also, I'm the 'fat friend' so there's no one who really understands how I feel about my weight and my body issues.

I really hope I can meet some like-minded people here and find the support I need to meet my weight and fitness goals (I am currently completing the NHS Couch 2 5k on my elliptical). I'm 6ft tall so I'd love to eventually be somewhere around the 11st10lb mark, but for now, I am aiming small and hope to lose 7lbs by August.

I also have health concerns too- my Mum had a heart attack two years ago (Lupus related predominantly but her weight didn't help) and my Dad was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes before Christmas. I am also a PCOS sufferer. Quite aside from wanting to look and feel better, I also want to be healthier so that what happened to my parents doesn't happen to me. And I'm supposed to be a Bridesmaid next August!

Looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you!

Hi Hannah, welcome to Minimins :)

You're doing the right thing by breaking it down into half stone goals, it always seems much more achievable.

Stick around on here as you'll get lots of support and advice :)

Thanks so much. I've been doing lots of reading already and have lots of ideas and thoughts about how to keep progressing. It's great to see so many people all striving for the same thing I am :) The smaller goals definitely help- I have a white board on the inside of my front door and my current goal is always written there! It's a great reminder every morning as I leave the house and start the day :)

Back