Hello everyone.

Dear all.
I'm very new to all this but have read lots of threads and feel this is a great place to share as give/get support on CD.
i have almost 4 stone to lose to reach my goal of 9.7 (I'm 5'4). Had a 2nd child 3 months ago and just dont have the time, energy or inclination to do any other diet. Plus I want fast results and my neighbour lost 7st in 6 months doing this plan!
I started on Monday and have been 100% but have had a slip up tonight. Im ok about it and will crack straight back on!
I'm sure I'll get the hang of this forum thing soon tho and hope to hear lots of great news from everyone!
X

Hey
I started Sunday and have 4st to lose too! How are you finding it? I'm not enjoying the shakes but I am enjoying the losses!

Welcome welcome welcome!

Ah thanks for responding. I've been fine up until tonight. Think it's the physiological aspect I had (am having) issues with. Can't get my head around how I can live without solid food! I fessed up to my consultant and he told me not to worry. Just carry on and keep the fluid level up. I HATE the vanilla (tastes like perfume!) but actually enjoy the mint choc one and the pre-made banana one. Taste like regular milkshakes (but have to keep the cartons in the fridge and use ice cold water for packets) got a christening to attend Sunday but thankfully my hubby is really supportive and my friend who's christening it is knows im on this and is also v supportive
Good luck for the weekend!!!!
X

How much extra are the ready made cartons? Are they nicer than packets?

They are same price. Handy for when you are out and about but you need to drink water with them as they are thick. i love most of the shakes but have to blitz them with ice. Love my night time chocolate shake ........ I look forward to it all day ha ha :)

Erm stronger. I have only tried the chocolate one and again needs to be nice n cold. Sad to hear you dont enjoy the shakes. Are you having crushed ice with them ?? As i said before i look forward to my chocolate one in the evenings but have a fruity one for breakfast :)

I've only had the banana one so far but I find they taste less powdery and more like regular milkshake. Deffo better when they have been in fridge. Good idea bending with ice! I find the powders so much better made with ice cold water so ice would make them even better! Do u add the ice after measuring 8foz water?
Also def agree on last one of day being choc!!!! x

Yeah I make them with ice and ice cold water. The after taste is what puts me off. Its like I can taste the vitamins.

I've only had the banana one so far but I find they taste less powdery and more like regular milkshake. Deffo better when they have been in fridge. Good idea bending with ice! I find the powders so much better made with ice cold water so ice would make them even better! Do u add the ice after measuring 8foz water?
Also def agree on last one of day being choc!!!! x

I put about 3/4 pint of water in then some crushed ice and blend it then more ice in glass :)

Will deffo be adding ice from tomorrow!! Thanks for tip! Know what u mean re after taste. I fill 4 50cl bottles with britta filtered water each morning and keep in fridge. I drink one whole one after a shake to try and wash after taste away. I also need to measure my 2ltrs of water each day in advance or else I will forget to drink them or lose track of what I've drunk!
I've also taken to brushing my teeth about 4 x a day - rank taste in mouth. Assume that ketosis?
Well done for u guys with fab results already! I'm really looking forward to my 1st weigh in Monday morning!
Good luck to all of u for ur next weigh in and piggly for ur 1st on Sunday!!!!
X

Hi Goalbyxmas! And welcome :) I only have the tetras because I just can't be bothered to prepare the shakes... Because after a while you're not hungry, you tend to forget to eat your products and if you're very lazy like me, you just can't be bothered :eek:

So now I only have tetras. They're slightly more expensive and are "smaller", so you need to drink a bit more water to compensate. But I wouldn't be without mine. I survive on choc tetras :D

Hello and welcome. Good luck with your journey. I also only have tetras (ready made cartons) and I like them. I pop them in the freezer for 20 mins before having it. I up my water intake to at least 3 litres with the tetras. Try them, I find them much nicer and easier.

Hi, I'm new too, just started CD last thursday, and had my second baby 5 months ago so need to shift some serious baby weight. My CDC advised that 810 was a better option for me as I'm running around after two children all day, and need more energy than I would get on SS or SS+.

I have to say im finding it pretty easy as I'm so busy during the day that the shakes / tetras fit in easily, and then once the kids are in bed I can concentrate on a healthy 200cal meal.

Are you SS? How are you finding it?

Hi all.
Pleased to report I lost 8lbs in week one! Yay!!!
Made me want to carry on big time!
Made myself an iced coffee this morning using my new "smoothie to go" machine from Argos £19.99 (awesome purchase and makes preparing shakes so much easier and crushes ice well! Plus so easy to clean!)
Capp flavour shakes with 8floz cold water and about 8 ice cubes. Was really ok!
X

Hi all I 'm glad you are getting there with the shakes you are doing better than me I just couldn't stomach them and I'm now on tetras 100% which I really enjoy, hey great weight loss it really does inspire you to carry on when you have a good loss doesn't it x

Goalbyxmas said:
Hi all.
Pleased to report I lost 8lbs in week one! Yay!!!
Made me want to carry on big time!
Made myself an iced coffee this morning using my new "smoothie to go" machine from Argos £19.99 (awesome purchase and makes preparing shakes so much easier and crushes ice well! Plus so easy to clean!)
Capp flavour shakes with 8floz cold water and about 8 ice cubes. Was really ok!
X

That sounds like a great machine!! I might take a look myself, as I do add ice to my shakes but my blender doesn't really crush it!!

Congratulations on your loss! X

Congratulations on your weight loss GoalbyXmas thats a great start :D

I have found that the cartons give me terrible heartburn :mad: ........ does anyone else have this trouble

Hi mandymoo
I have that problem too but I can't stand the powders. To be honest the only carton I like is chocolate... It's going to be a long 10 weeks lol

Back