Hello everyone

Leanne1983

Hi. My name is Leanne and I am 25 years old. For the past 10 years I have been trying to lose weight - reaching a healthy BMI once, around 4 years ago.
I am going to bite the bullet and try Cambridge Diet :argh: I am quite scared, but trying to focus on what I could achieve.
Any advice or support will be greatly recieved and I hope to speak to you all soon.

Hi Leanne,
I'm Kelly and I'm 28...
Like you I've tried losing weight so many times before and I've never kept the weight off,
This is my last attempt at losing weight as I'm getting married in March and then going on holiday so I really would love to feel good about myself for the first time in years!!

I have a little Girl who I'd love to take swimming but never do as I feel too ashamed of how I look...Silly I know but it's something I can't get my head around!

This is my 3rd week on the Sole source plan and I've gone from 13.5 and 1/2 to 12.9, so that's given me a little boost.
It's not as much as some people lose on the diet but still to even see 12stone on the scales again is brilliant!!

I'm going away on holiday on the 20th June and I would be over the moon if I could get just under 12stone. That's a tall order but some people do it so I might be able to.
Thing is with this diet I think that because you see everyones losses and you try not to but can't help to think "I could lose 10lbs in the first week too" you can set yourself up for a fall as everyone is different and you could lose that or more but then your could lose less!!!

I'm finally getting it into my head that as long as I lose it doesn't really matter how much it is each week.

Anyway just thought I'd reply (with my life story sorry!!)
Not that I've been on it that long but anything you want to ask please feel free!!
How are you finding the first days?
Day 4 was bad for me as I really felt lightheaded but a rest and more water sorted it out by the next day!
Take care
x x x

Hi Leanne! I'm at the end of my week 3 CD ss too and I just want to say go for it! I'm 46 and have been overweight for 22 years with varying degrees of success on just about every diet going so, having now done this for 3 weeks and having lost what I hope will be 19lbs by tomorrow, I just wish I'd discovered it many years ago and saved myself the heartache of being overweight and miserable. You go girl and you'll never look back! The Cambridge diet forum is great for support and advice and for those weak moments so have a look. xxx

Hello Leanne, welcome to minimins and welcome to CD. Good Luck!

Thanks everyone.
Really looking forward to it now. Just had half of my second pack and believe its going to be ok. Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting! :clap:
I've only gone for shakes, and have had choc & strawberry today which were fine. Trying to drink lots of water & stocked up on painkillers just in case!
Really determined to do it as I am fed up of carrying this weight round. Im sure I will gain a lot from this forum, as it was your inspiring stories which made me start this in the first place. :thankyou:

Hi Leanne, good luck with your loss, i'm 33 and on my first day of cd ss, dont feel too bad so far! just waiting for my lunch, have told myself 2pm must wait till then. looks like we have about the same amount to loose, would be great to keep in touch with your progress. Lisa

Hi Lisa. Glad your day 1 is going ok. Will definately be good to keep in touch - our journeys will be near identical!

Hi Leanne

The first 5 days are the worst, and you'll get past them quickly, make sure you drink lots of water, and keep busy.. After that, to be honest, its ok.. only side effect i've had since then is TOTM, 23 days of it, lol.. but that happens on any VLCD.. so its something I've put up with to loose the weight. I'm sure if I hadn't had it, I would have lost more.. but.. 15lb in 4 weeks, isn't bad, and I'm the lowest i've been all year.. plus, I've lost 10 inches from my waist and 3 from my bust.. So if the lb's don't come off quickly, rest assured the inches will have done. Good luck, we have a thread running - Butterflies, its a great thread and we all support one another 247. Look in on us and there are so many succeses. xx

Hi Leanne,
I'm Kelly and I'm 28...
Like you I've tried losing weight so many times before and I've never kept the weight off,
This is my last attempt at losing weight as I'm getting married in March and then going on holiday so I really would love to feel good about myself for the first time in years!!

I have a little Girl who I'd love to take swimming but never do as I feel too ashamed of how I look...Silly I know but it's something I can't get my head around!

This is my 3rd week on the Sole source plan and I've gone from 13.5 and 1/2 to 12.9, so that's given me a little boost.
It's not as much as some people lose on the diet but still to even see 12stone on the scales again is brilliant!!

I'm going away on holiday on the 20th June and I would be over the moon if I could get just under 12stone. That's a tall order but some people do it so I might be able to.
Thing is with this diet I think that because you see everyones losses and you try not to but can't help to think "I could lose 10lbs in the first week too" you can set yourself up for a fall as everyone is different and you could lose that or more but then your could lose less!!!

I'm finally getting it into my head that as long as I lose it doesn't really matter how much it is each week.

Anyway just thought I'd reply (with my life story sorry!!)
Not that I've been on it that long but anything you want to ask please feel free!!
How are you finding the first days?
Day 4 was bad for me as I really felt lightheaded but a rest and more water sorted it out by the next day!
Take care
x x x

Hi Kelly..

You are so right, everyone is different anyway, tall, short, big feet, small feet.. etc... So why we don't think its any different when we are on a diet I don't know.. Its taken me this long to realise it too and I haven't lost the same as eveyone else, and one person has lost the same in a week, that I did in 4!. But, I don't care, its my body and I have achieved that. My BMI has gone down and seeing that increase in percentage lost is also a plus..xx

Hi there. Welcome. You will find this a lovely friendly forum, very helpful and supportive. Don't know anything about Cambridge diet as only do cal counting but good luck x :)

Back