Hello fellow slimmers

SkinniMinnie

Mum On A Misson
Hi everybody, I'm brand new to the forum and just wanted to say "Hey!" :wavey:

I hope to be a regular contributer as I'm on a health kick for the long haul. No more quick-fixes, no more fad diets and no more feeling down because I haven't lost as much as I think I should have. Every pound lost, every kilo lost, every ounce lost, is a step in the right direction.

No more accepting defeat if the scale moves in the wrong direction, either. Of course sometimes life gets in the way of our plans and fluctuations happen, pounds creep back on so quickly if your eye is off the ball. When this happens I know I need to get back on the horse, not throw in the towel. The only sure fire way to guarantee failure is to not even try.

So there it is, my motivation re-affirmed, my main goal laid bare. I have declared my dedication to fitness and healthy eating and have begun the faltering steps to a journey which I intend to continue with for the long term.

Are you with me? Woo!
:party0011:

Hello and welcome :)

You sound like you're really focused, stick around here and you'll get lots of support and advice, be warned though - it's addictive :D

Welcome, very impressed with the attitude, sounds like you have really decided to make it work, I wish you all the best.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and encouragement. It's lovely to have such a supportive place to talk to like minded people. We're all in the same boat, all trying to row to shore.

You sound super focused. I love it. What day is your weigh in? Have you got a first target in your head?

Hi Ellen,

I'm gonna weigh myself on Fridays. On Monday, 16th January I weighed 15 stone, 0 lbs. Then I didn't weigh myself until Friday 17th February and I'd lost 9lbs. So that's 9lbs in 5 weeks. Then I weighed myself last Friday, the 24th, and I'd lost another two pounds.
:happy036:

I was delighted with that as I am aiming for a slow and steady (and permanent) weight loss so 2 lbs is great. If on Friday next I've dropped 2 lbs I'll be one happy camper. Or, one happy slimmer!

Hi Ellen,

I'm gonna weigh myself on Fridays. On Monday, 16th January I weighed 15 stone, 0 lbs. Then I didn't weigh myself until Friday 17th February and I'd lost 9lbs. So that's 9lbs in 5 weeks. Then I weighed myself last Friday, the 24th, and I'd lost another two pounds.
:happy036:

I was delighted with that as I am aiming for a slow and steady (and permanent) weight loss so 2 lbs is great. If on Friday next I've dropped 2 lbs I'll be one happy camper. Or, one happy slimmer!

That is the perfect speed. Even 1lbs a week is nearly 4 stone in a year! I'll be happy with 2lbs a week, I know I 'could' get the bigger weight losses but I don't want to feel to restrained. I can't be too strict anyway as am still breastfeeding my youngest and wouldn't want to start affecting my milk supply!

I've got weigh in tomorrow and would love 4lbs to get my 10% award but will be happy with 2lbs which will take me to 17st 13...sounds nicer to say then 18st 1...crazy what a difference a couple of pounds make. Don't forget to measure yourself either as inches coming off make you feel good too!

I agree, slow and steady is the best way. You've well so far, well done. I've struggled for the last year but am determined this year will be the start of something good. Good luck.

I agree, slow and steady is the best way. You've well so far, well done. I've struggled for the last year but am determined this year will be the start of something good. Good luck.

Totally, just draw a line under it and start afresh. Any negativity can bring you down and you don't want that... Just take one week at a time, or even one day, whatever works best for you. I find it really helps having lots of little Milestones, I'm a big fan of ticking things off lists (generally a list fan its sad) so that works for me. Probably why I love sw, stickers and certificates...its like heaven lol

Totally, just draw a line under it and start afresh. Any negativity can bring you down and you don't want that... Just take one week at a time, or even one day, whatever works best for you. I find it really helps having lots of little Milestones, I'm a big fan of ticking things off lists (generally a list fan its sad) so that works for me. Probably why I love sw, stickers and certificates...its like heaven lol

Totally agree with this.

And thank you Sarah :wavey:

Back