Extra Easy Hello! First ever SW meeting under my belt :)

CJxxx

Hello everyone,

Having done a splattering of different diets over the past erhhh-hmmm 16 years. The last time I went to a paid slimming meeting was the year before I got married (2000!) but over the years I have done various diets from WW to Dukan. I often lose weight (lost 3 stone with Dukan in 2 months!) but I always put it back on (& some!!) So this time I have to (yes, HAVE to!) lose it and never find it again!!

I went to my 1st meeting this evening. Thankfully I have 2 cousins who are already members so they took me under their wing. I have spent the evening getting my head round all the different catagories of foods and having a look online for some additional inspiration - so here I am.

I do not want to be a fatty. I hate having to wear a cardigan over my big fat arms all the time - especially when the weather is warm! I hate not having any body-confidence at all. I don't need to be super-slim I just don't want to be such a tubsa and I would quite like to look in the mirror and think - yeah I look OK!

Shall look forward to reading all your posts and I'm sure I will be on here asking for advice (lots!!)
Thanks for reading!

Claire
x

CJxxx said:
Hello everyone,

Having done a splattering of different diets over the past erhhh-hmmm 16 years. The last time I went to a paid slimming meeting was the year before I got married (2000!) but over the years I have done various diets from WW to Dukan. I often lose weight (lost 3 stone with Dukan in 2 months!) but I always put it back on (& some!!) So this time I have to (yes, HAVE to!) lose it and never find it again!!

I went to my 1st meeting this evening. Thankfully I have 2 cousins who are already members so they took me under their wing. I have spent the evening getting my head round all the different catagories of foods and having a look online for some additional inspiration - so here I am.

I do not want to be a fatty. I hate having to wear a cardigan over my big fat arms all the time - especially when the weather is warm! I hate not having any body-confidence at all. I don't need to be super-slim I just don't want to be such a tubsa and I would quite like to look in the mirror and think - yeah I look OK!

Shall look forward to reading all your posts and I'm sure I will be on here asking for advice (lots!!)
Thanks for reading!

Claire
x

Welcome to sw I too have done tons of diets and the thing I love about sw is I can eat out and still lose and unlike ww it encourages you to change your ways to a healthy lifestyle rather than just eating teeny high cal portions to fit in with points and feeling hungry after .... I'm never hungry and if I am I eat I was told only yesterday by a guy from work .... Your always eating I wanna do that diet .... And he's right I am always eating (and losing) xxx good luck on your journey and remember don't let an off plan meal turn into a day or week ...straight back on that horse xx

Hiya.
Good choice slimming world :) I don't feel hungry and the recepies are the best!!!! Most of the stuff I've cooked my Hubbie says he won't go back to shop bought yay!!!! Also any recepie I've looked for I've found a slimming world version even better good luck with your weight loss. You can do it :) xxxx

Hi Claire, welcome to Slimming World. I've only been following SW for a wee while (third weigh in tonight..gulp!) but have found this is the first diet that I've not become obsessed with food, constantly thinking what have I got left to eat today. I've never once felt hungry or hard done by and really am feeling I can do it this time. Good luck! :)

Hi, only been doing Sw for 3 weeks myself and so far i've been surprised. I have loved the food and have been picking out recipes on the slimming world website and giving them a try. So much better that the processed ready meals and take aways i used to eat before. I have tried calorie counting but it used to depress me going to the supermarket and walking around thinking i can't have this or that :(
Had my 3rd weight in last Yesterday and i'm ecstatic that i've lost 16lbs. I've never felt hungry which was surprising and never felt that i was missing out on things either. There was a trip to Harvester in there somewhere :)
Stick with the plan and it will work. My wife has lost 1/2 a stone too.
Good luck :welcome:

Hi Claire - Welcome to SW and to Minimins - I hope you find this site as invaluable as I have over the last year and a half since I began and maintained my SW journey :)

I'm like you - I've tried every diet plan, fad diet, and even slimming tablets (I know, bad!!) over the years and while yes, sometimes I did lose weight, I found that it wasn't feasible to continue it long term and always put the weight back on (sometimes back on plus some extra!) until I found SW.

I got to my target weight within 6 months (2 and a half stone off) and have maintained it ever since, until the beginning of this month as I have set myself a new target which I am almost at. For me SW has been great, I eat so healthily now and keep the weight off without even thinking about it, it's completely changed things for me and I feel 100% better about myself.

Good luck!! :D

Hi, only been doing Sw for 3 weeks myself and so far i've been surprised. I have loved the food and have been picking out recipes on the slimming world website and giving them a try. So much better that the processed ready meals and take aways i used to eat before. I have tried calorie counting but it used to depress me going to the supermarket and walking around thinking i can't have this or that :(
Had my 3rd weight in last Yesterday and i'm ecstatic that i've lost 16lbs. I've never felt hungry which was surprising and never felt that i was missing out on things either. There was a trip to Harvester in there somewhere :)
Good luck :welcome:
harvester is fab for a s worlder we eat there alot and the simply chicken is only£4.99 and you get free salad bar too

Thank you so much for the warm welcome - you have done so well & sound so positive about the plan!!!
CJxxx

[/QUOTE]

Wow! 16lb in 3 weeks is fab! I lost 4lbs on my first weigh in so am really chuffed (especially as I actually ate out in a Pasta restaurant during the week for my daughters 9th birthday!) Keep up the good work!

CJxxx

CJxxx said:

Wow! 16lb in 3 weeks is fab! I lost 4lbs on my first weigh in so am really chuffed (especially as I actually ate out in a Pasta restaurant during the week for my daughters 9th birthday!) Keep up the good work!

CJxxx[/QUOTE]

16lb lost in 1 week? Either way your weight loss so far is amazing, keep going :)

Back