Extra Easy Hello from newbie going it alone

Hello everyone :wavey:

After a long time lurking on these boards and faffing around with every diet under the sun, I've ended up 2 stone heavier than when I first went on a diet 28 years ago! :cry:

I've decided to join the SW gang but due to working different shifts and family commitments, I can't get to any of my local meetings every week. A few girls in work have had great losses on the plan and I've been feeling very envious of them not having to worry about the calorie/point/fat content of every single morsel that they eat (and they eat LOADS!!)

I've been given the latest book and am really eager to start eating my way to weight loss (as one of my friends put it) but I'm a bit scared that I'm going to fall off the wagon as I have done on every single diet I've been on before. I guess it's my rebellious streak that screams at me whenever I start a diet telling me "How dare anyone tell you what you can and can't eat! Eat what you want and screw them!"

Does anyone have any tips for someone who gives up at the first hurdle?

Thanks

Rosie

For a start u need to throw the word 'diet' away :) slimming world is not a diet,it is a lifestyle change. Once you've mastered the basics you will lose weight whilst not feeling deprived or hungry...enjoy :D

Hey hun ! Welcome to the SW club - I only joined on Monday so first few days in. Couple of tips from me: -

- Get organised - Make your meals in advance so you dont have to worry about what your eating ! keep lots of things in the house that are quick to grab if you are hungry or just dont have time .... mug shots, pasta n sauce, home made soup, cooked meats

- You have sins and HEs for a reason - Use them and dont deprive yourself. You need an eating plan that you can manage every day and allows for some surprises ( ie dinners out, tea and a biscuit :)) so if you fancy them have it ... you just lose the extra sins somewhere else through the week

- Diary - Absolutely write everything down - the good, the bad and the ugly - nly way you will be 100% honest with yourself !! Also means you know what you need to rectify later in the week and dont go binging off the rails. I also do a few lines on how I am feeling and anything I need to try and do better .... feels great to get it out of my head :)

Hope this helps hun and lots of luck on your exciting journey xxx

Back