Hello i am a restarter and need support :(

sam3944

Hi guys

I want to honest about my issues and I don't expect you to all read it I just thought it could help to have it written down somewhere no one I know can read it lol x

I have recently re joined my local SW group (I think I have joined and left about 5 times over the past year) and I really want this time to be the time I succeed, I would
Like to use this site to write down every thing honestly even when I have a bad day and binge as I will lie to very one else including my self I think writing down will help.

I joined SW in 2008 with my best friend after having my youngest son we both did amazing and I and lost 3 stone in 5 months I found it so easy then and I really enjoyed it, but then my consultant left and my friend stopped going so I stopped enjoying it as much and I stopped going, I put all of the weight back on (plus another half a stone) so I am worse now than I was after having my kids.

I know the plan works I think it's the best diet out there I totally believe in it but I am struggling to get back on it,
when I lost all the weight before I was on maternity leave so could cook meals at home all the time, now I am a student at Leeds met Uni and struggle to keep to the diet as my house 2 kids and Uni work load take over so I don't always have the energy to start cooking so often opt for convenience foods or take always (I do love take aways ha ha). I always make sure my other half and kids have a meal
Cooked but most of the time they are not SW friendly so I eat separately. I know I should cook SW meals for all 4 of us but the kids seem to turn their nose up most of the time when I have tried before.

Any way moan over if you are still reading thank you as I have gone on a bit, I do really want this time to be it so am planning on overcoming the obstacles (and laziness lol)

Hear goes day 1 of the successful diet x

Sam

Good luck with it - make sure you write everything down and never miss a class (even if you think youve put on - thats my problem!)

As for cooking I would suggest batch cooking stuff you can freeze (chilli, shepherds pie, curries) in portion sizes and then you have your own healthy ready meal to bung in the microwave whenever you need it. The new Asia cookbook is fantsatic

Make sure you always have stuff you can eat quickly when you need a quick snack (its so easy to reach for biccies and crisps when you havent planned well).

Clean your teeth! Sometimes that takes a craving away

Drink tonnes of water - with sf squash in if you prefer it that way. Really does make a difference though the people I work with must think I have a problem the amount of times I'm up and down to the loo!

Hi Sam,

I am in the same boat as you, I need to get back on plan & re-join as I lost a stone last summer on SW and have put it all back on again plus a couple of lbs.
All my summer clothes are too tight & I don't feel at all confident.

My husband does however enjoy SW dinners as much as non SW dinners and I do have time to cook (I work 9-5pm) my kids generally will eat what I give them but I do sometimes have to make tweaks. So I have NO excuse!

My 14 year old son will also excerise with me!!

It is only me that wants to do nothing & eat rubbish!!!

So today I am back on plan, I can't get to a group until next week but at least by then my 1st weigh in won't be as bad!!

But you can do it :)

x

Good luck you can do it I lost nearly three stone last year , have put a stone back on so I am just starting over again, was my own fault totally went off plan!!! I am not going back to group at the moment going to try it myself and see how I get on so far so good and this site is great for support

Hi Jen

Thanks very much x I do tend to not go to group if I have had a bad week but will try to go every week!

And you could
Be right batch cooking could be the answer! I would defiantly stick to it if I had things so easy to cook or snack on.

Thank you for your reply!

How long have you been doing SW and how are you getting on ? X

Sam

Glittery girl that's fab you sound like you have lots of support from your family! I think keeping the weight off is just a hard as loosing it (if not harder) lets just think we have a month or so before summer a stone is very possible in that time x

Sandra good luck with yours too it is so easy to go back to normal when the weight is off groups should have more support for target members maybe x hope you manage it I couldn't do it on my own as no one would know if I lost or not that week so I wouldn't try as hard (I don't have much will power) x

I live on my own and after a stressful day at work I will sometimes have a Count On Us/Feel fuller for longer meal from M & S and lots of extra veggies. I prefer to use my syns like this as i am not a great fan of junk food. Some of them are only 7 or 8 syns. Good to have in reserves like the other day when I had previously planned my meal only to find virtually all the ingredients in my fridge had gone off.due to not being used to cooking for myself yet and still buying for two !! Good luck x

When the boys were at home and Iwas working full time, I used to cook 5 meals on a saturday and putthem in the freezer. Now my eldest son does the same!

Hi Jen

Thanks very much x I do tend to not go to group if I have had a bad week but will try to go every week!

And you could
Be right batch cooking could be the answer! I would defiantly stick to it if I had things so easy to cook or snack on.

Thank you for your reply!

How long have you been doing SW and how are you getting on ? X

Sam

Well - I'm very similar to you in that I've rejoined more times than I care to remember but this time was when I decided that I was going to keep going even if I wasnt expecting a loss!

I'm chipping away at it far too slowly but I've had so many nights out recently that I'm just happy that its going in the right direction. I'm also bad for wanting it all to happen yesterday but have decided I want to have a life too!

Well - I'm very similar to you in that I've rejoined more times than I care to remember but this time was when I decided that I was going to keep going even if I wasnt expecting a loss!

I'm chipping away at it far too slowly but I've had so many nights out recently that I'm just happy that its going in the right direction. I'm also bad for wanting it all to happen yesterday but have decided I want to have a life too!

Good for you, You do right Jen at least your still working towards it and your not putting more on when your on a night out it all going in the right direction and that sounds like a fab attitude to have I may just take a leaf out of your book! I am going on holiday in August to turkey with family and friends and I am a Maid of honour at my sister in laws wedding in sep so I have a good few months to make a difference I'm not going to putt life on hold and punish myself for having a night out xxxx thanks Hun xxx

Hi sam I agree groups should have more support for target members , I went back for about three months after getting to target, but felt a bit out of it, decided to go alone now and do it myself

Back