Hello...I am new!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rubyhorse, 29 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Rubyhorse

Rubyhorse Member

Hi all

I joined Slimming World 4 weeks ago and have so far lost 1 stone and 2 pounds. Got a long long way to go but happy I've made a start!

I joined just after my 40th birthday as I decided that life was too short and I didn't want to risk it being shorter by being so overweight and unhealthy.

A few time I have searched on the Internet for ideas or syn values etc and minimins keeps popping up, so I decided to join up in the hope that I can find support but also offer some support too.

Anyway, that's me... Just thought I'd introduce myself and say hello. HELLO!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sebo123

sebo123 Member

Hi
    I'm new too. Been looking at the threads on here for quite some time but haven't took the plunge to say anything yet!
    I've done ww and sw in the past but sw didn't really seem to work for me. I had good success with ww but now it's started to creep back on :-(
    Im now at the point of just not wanting to bother 'counting or weighing' anything so have bought Dr Charles Clark high protein diet book and have been following for about 3 weeks. Had about 4 lbs off in first few weeks then nothing so have been looking for where I could be going wrong in these forums. The Atkins diet seems the closest but Dr C allows more carbs and unlimited (most types) of veg.
    I'll keep on going though and once I have the privileges on this site to post my own thread I can ask for some advice.
    I don't have a great deal to lose (about 1.5 stone) so maybe this is why it's slow???
    This is a great site and everyone seems so friendly and willing to offer support and advice x

4. Tessa2000

Tessa2000 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    131kg
    Current Weight:
    126.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    105kg
    Lost(%):
    4.9kg(3.74%)
    Hello, I only joined today too. Still looking for a plan to follow so I can lose weight for my wedding.

5. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Congratulations on your losses.

Irene xx

6. Rubyhorse

Rubyhorse Member

Thank you. I'm up to 1 stone and 10 pounds now. Hoping that in 2 weeks I can say that I've lost 2 stone.

*fingers crossed*

Sally x

7. kayleighread

kayleighread Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(5.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    1stone 2lb in four weeks!!! that is fantastic! welcome and keep up the good work! :):)

8. Luisa

Luisa Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    for now eating healthy.
    Welcome!

9. jayde1148

jayde1148 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    28st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    24st12.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(11.22%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hello! Good luck in your journey x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.