Hello Im joining the Lipotrim gang

Catthin

Silver Member
Hi
My name is Cathy and I signed up for the lipotrim programme today so start tomorrow.
I have had a quick read of some of the posts and I am feeling inspired after reading how well you are all doing.
My first goal is to lose 7lbs.
Cathy

Last edited:
Hi Cathy, welcome and good luck! The first few days are the hardest, so keep drinking the water, it really helps stop you feeling hungry. I like mine almost freezing, it really tastes quite good then! I also make icelollies from water, tea or coffee which make a nice change.
This isn't the easiest diet ever, but it is amazing how quick the weight comes off!
There's always someone on here if you want a chat or a rant, we're a friendly bunch.
Lots of luck, let us know how you get on!

Good luck sweet this diet is hard but it really really does get easier im on day 11 and feeling great :)

Hi Cathy, welcome and good luck! The first few days are the hardest, so keep drinking the water, it really helps stop you feeling hungry.

True.....see it as flushing away all the fat and toxins....;)

I like mine almost freezing, it really tastes quite good then! I also make icelollies from water, tea or coffee which make a nice change.

GREAT IDEA.......didnt think about ice lollies........especially in this heat :)

This isn't the easiest diet ever, but it is amazing how quick the weight comes off!
There's always someone on here if you want a chat or a rant, we're a friendly bunch.
Lots of luck, let us know how you get on!

Some great ideas here.......I also had to have my water chilled to have the shakes or I just could not stomach them.......but no matter what you think of them at first you will grow to love them.....and when you finish will even miss them....lol.

If you have the soup I had mine as hot as poss and in a mug .....as soon as it started to chill it was gross.....

Thank you all for your welcome and encouragement.
Well I am halfway through day 1 and not feeling too bad so far.
I had a choc shake for my breccy,it was pleasantly tasty.
Lots of glasses of cold water and lots of trips to the Loo much to my colleagues amusement only 8 times before Luch LOL.
Chicken soup for lunch,the lady at the chemist said it was an aquired taste and I might not like it .It was good and satisfied me.
Ive not felt hungry,have a bit of a dull headache but otherwise feel fine.
Im going to try the strawberry shake for dinner followed by a peppermint tea which my loving son has got me from the shops.
I dont need to cook any dinner for the family as DH is away and son and gf are cooking their own.
So I just need to keep busy LOL.
only 6 days to weigh in LOL.
Cathy

Hi Cathy

Just a quick hello, with any luck you could hit your first target at your first weigh-in.

Keep drinking the water and I find that if i'm feeling a bit hungry i'll have a black coffee which is quite comforting.

Good luck and keep us posted how you are doing.

Emma x

Hi Emma
Thanks for your support.I see your from the same part of the world as me LOL.
You are doing really well.
I had the strwberry shake for dinner but not very impressed.
I have a stinker of a headache so im going to get an early night.
I have drank 3 litres of water today.
Looking forward to my first weigh in.
Cathy

Hi Cathy, well done for getting through the first day! Sorry to hear you have a headache, you can take paracetamol if you need to.
Think the strawberry is my least favourite, too, but it does grow on you - after a few days without strawberry now, I really enjoy it!
Lots of luck for Day 2!

Thanks Fiona.I did take two paracetamol an some ibuprofen and went to bed at 9pm.
Woke up feeling really thirsty,had a glass of H20 and a cup of tea followed by a Vanilla shake.
Then off to work.
Im feeling ok not felt hungry but did give the bowl of fruit some nasty looks as it tempted me before LOL.
Still have a headache hopefully this will go soon.
How long does it take to reach ketosis?and what are the signs?
5 days to weight in .
The peppermint tea is quite refreshing too.
Cathy

Hi Cathy (fellow scouser! lol)

I add tablet sweetner to my shakes as I find they taste better. I also found it easier in the first week to split them as I knew I had something else left to have. Going into the second week I added more water, I have about 600ml to each shake, that way i'm getting the water down too.
I bought a small electric hand whisk which helps get rid of the lumps.
I went into ketosis at the end of day three, but it varies from person to person.. I found I didn't feel too hungry anymore and I had a funny metallic taste in my mouth. Some people start to feel the cold also.
Good luck
Emma x

Hi Emma
Thank you for the tips and advice.I was thinking of adding a bit more water to the shakes so I could spread them out a bit more.
I have been having problems with the soup.Yesterday I had loads of lumps at the bottom of the cup today they floated to the top.I only had a fork in work to mix it with!!!..I was going to get one of the plastic shaker thingys to see that helps.
Cathy

Some really fab tips in there people... WELL DONE ;) xXx
Nat

Hi Cathy,

Well done hun on getting through day 2. The first few days are the hardest. Once you hit ketosis things get so much easier. You will know when it happens. The hunger pangs will stop and your breath will stink.lol.

The best way to have the soup is to use a hand blender or an electric whisk. Do NOT use the shaker for the soup or you will be wearing it.... You cant put hot liquids in the shaker. You can use it for the shakes. I like to put ice in the shaker as it helps to break up the lumps too.

Best of luck with your journey hun!!!!

Niamh xxx

Hi Niamh
Thank you for your helpfull advice.I will take my balloon whisk to work with me tomorrow,think I might get some strange looks if I take the electric mixer with me.
Feeling Ok toninght headache gone and not feeling hungry at all.
Cathy

Last edited:
Hi Cathy, how was day 2?
I can't get on the with shakers at all, except I bought a little rechargable whisk thingy and it and my shake packet fit perfectly into the shaker to take to work! Did get everyone running the first day I used it, they wondered what I was doing, but are all used to me and my funny diet now!
If you are losing your headache and not feeling hungry, you might be starting ketosis. What a wonderful word! I've felt so good since it started, sleeping great, wake up with loads of energy, and don't even think about food except to cook for the family.
Lots of luck for tomorrow!

Thanks Fiona.The balloon whisk seems to work alright. I took a vanilla shake in today for a change and will have the chicken one for dinner.
Today I felt really tired and didnt want to get out of bed.But dragged myself to work.
Still not felt hungry and lots of temptations in work ,but I didnt give in actually didnt really want them.
I have had a salty taste in my mouth all afternoon,and have drank 2 and a half litres of water so far.
I did a urine test strip but no ketones in my urine yet.
Is this salty taste normal??
Headache much better today.So on to day 4 almost half way through the first week.
4 days to weigh in.
Cathy

Hi Cathy, hang in there, you're doing great!
I'm not sure about the salty taste, I had a funny metallic taste in my mouth before I hit ketosis, and my breath stank! Try breathing on your nearest and dearest, if they run away, you're there! Doesn't last though, thank goodness.
Lots of luck for day 4 :D

Thanks Fiona for your reply
The salty taste seems to have gone this morning??.My OH is away untill saturday nd I dont think my son would appreciate me breathing on him LOL.
Im hoping when he comes home he will notice a difference,but maybe not after only one week :)
Start of day 4 .Got up early on my day off:rolleyes:
But it was great to wake up without a headache and not feeling tired :woohoo:
(I like these animated smileys LOL!!!!)
So today I intend to keep busy have put one lot of washing out and another in the machine.
Got a lot of sewing to do to day so should keep me occupied.
Last night before bed I decided to sort out my wardrobe.I have a bag of T shirts and Jumpers all large sizes which I am taking to the charity shop so I wont be tempted to use them for comfort as I will need smaller sizes by the end of the month.
Thank you all for your support its great to find so many friendly people.
3 days to weigh in yipeeee.
Cathy

Day 4 almost ate some food ,but walked away.I wasnt hungry it was left over from me cooking a fry up (grilled) for my son,niece and sister in law who decided to visit me for lunch.
It didnt bother me cooking the food and I had my strwaberry shake at the table with them.
It was when I was clearing up the dishes after they had left I picked up a fork full of scrambled egg muttering to myself it wont matter too much as it touched my lips I spat it out,thinking to myself DONT you will be sorry on weigh day .Close shave LOL.So made a nice cup of mint tea and then took my youngest son to get his bus pass.
I have a bit of a headache but I think thats stress rather than the diet.Middle son has left his partner and come home so loads of stress ahead over the children.:sign0137:
Keep thinking I might get weighed tomorrow instead of monday but if i havent lost much i will be really dissapointed. Decisions ,decisions. lol.
Cathy

Hi Cathy
Just wanted to say well done for not giving in to temptation. I have to say i'm the same. I feel my will power is so strong, i'm fine cooking a meal, but if the kids have left a little something on the plate I used to think what a waste and stuff it in my mouth! Had a few close shaves where I almost forgot! lol I cooked rice for my daughter the other day and almost tasted it to see if it was cooked - arrrgghh!

Still, were here and doing well. Keep it up!!

Emma x

Back