Hello - it's been a while

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by time2bslim, 12 July 2011 Social URL.

1. time2bslim

time2bslim Just doing it this time

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.05%)
    since i was here...............been messing about going to class one week, missing 3 - 4 weeks, rejoining - not watching what I've eaten, had two holidays - a week and then a few days - again not watching what I was eating. This last week I have eaten so much rubbish I have felt SICK.

So went back to class tonight to find that I have gained a total of 8lb's in 4 months (I am still 1 stone 10lb's lighter than I was 12 months ago) - beginning august.

Bloods taken at doc's showed an increase in my cholesterol - so tomorrow morning I start again back on SW properly - I hope.

Wish me luck, wish you all loads of luck.

countdown - 12lb's to target !

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tunnimonster

Tunnimonster Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh good luck. It's always the hardest thing biting the bullet and going back to class. Just know only too well where you are coming from as i've been there and got the t-shirt. I've stuck at it for 6 months now and lost 1st 11 pounds .
    Good luck and keep in touch xxx

4. sukislim

sukislim Member

Start Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1.5lb(12.85%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers pro points
    Goodluck this time round, it is hard getting yourself back on track, I have found that. sure u will do well :)

5. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi, good luck,I'm doing it for health reasons,as my 40 yr old male cousin just had a heart attack,we all have bad cholesterol genes in our family,even though this generation have all eaten healthier,it's scared me enough to shift the 5 stones I don't need my heart to be carrying. I'm near losing a stone in 4 weeks.weigh in tomorrow so hopefull I've done that. I love the plan. Xx

6. Scanbran

Scanbran Stupid Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.11%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    You're far better off attending class regularly, going along even if you've not been the best.

I stopped going along 17 years ago once I reached target, and after losing 5st I managed to put 8st back on! :eek:

The last 10 years or so have been full of re-starts and re-joins, with small successes, but then always falling out of the habit of going to class and ballooning back up again.

Most recently, I went regularly for 9 months, lost 5st and thought to myself I had it cracked and could do it myself, so stopped going to class.

In the last 10 months I have steadily gained weight again, putting on 2st, despite trying really hard and coming back on here.

I am currently back on plan, but I can't emphasise enough how important going to class really is. I think I might even go back myself as it is quite a difficult thing to focus and motivate yourself without a constant reminder, incentive and helping hand.

Good luck!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.