Hello, I've joined :) .... but have to wait for info :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Dancing, 10 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I've opted for postal membership but now have to wait for everything to arrive but at least this gives me some time to get my head in the zone.

Can someone tell me if porridge is ok to have - if so is it green or red or a syn?

thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. slimming-girl

slimming-girl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.44%)
    Diet:
    Herbalife
    did you not fancy going to a group? i dont know what porridge is off top of my head :S you will like slimming world once you get your head around red and green days lol :D

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

hi. nope. I'm ok without a group. I've lost loads already without that support. You get a phone call once a week. That suits me. Also, I work for myself during the week and don't want to miss out on custom because I've scheduled in a group meeting.

hopefully someone else knows about porridge

5. slimming-girl

slimming-girl Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.44%)
    Diet:
    Herbalife
    ahhh what do you do then ? working from home ? yes im just getting used to it i mean i will ask at my group tonight :D if you like or if someone else lets you know before hand :) then thats ok :D x

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

If you remember then please ask about the porridge at your group. Thanks.

I am a sport and remedial massage therapist (who has a day off from normal clinic hours today due to needing a massage myself .... getting one this afternoon, thank goodness). I'm just starting out again as I moved to a new area and it takes awhile to build up the client base. It still fluctuates. Some weeks I'm really busy (last week and next week), some not so busy (this week).
    Good luck for your weigh in!

7. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Porridge is a B choice on either day. I'm not sure of the weights, but one sachet of "oat so simple" = 1B

8. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have porridge (wholegrain 28g) in the morning with skimmed milk. The porridge will be classed as you Healthy Extra B (fibre) and the milk your Healthy Extra A (Calcuim). You get two each of the healthy extras per day. Sorry I am NOT stalking you LOL !!

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

you just saved me from going to read the sticky on healthy extras ... I wasn't sure how many you could have. Dare I ask another question? You can ignore it if you like:D
    what about unsweetened soya milk?

10. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    you can have 350ml unsweetened calcuim enriched soya milk as your healthy extra A.

11. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Welcome to the SW side Dancing, you've done really well so far I hope you enjoy SW x

12. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thank you. I had a semi green day today - if I went over on syns it is because I don't know what syns are ! :) I don't start officially until I get the literature ... maybe Saturday but definitely by Thursday next week.

It was quite weird today. I felt guilt free as I selected my dinner .... sea bass, mashed cauli with a v. little feta cheese and parmesan cheese and a small portion of brown rice (you are probably going to tell me something there isn't Green ... but what the heck), and few salad leaves. While out today I had APRICOTS. YUM! Can't explain the normality that came with my food decisions today. I also picked up a copy of the July Slimming World mag .... omg the recipes that are free!!!!!! Joy to the world!

I've been reminded today that I LIKE healthy food. My problem in the past (prior to the binges I developed when trying to get back into CD) was that my portions were too big and then on weekends I ate crap. I know that once I get a handle on the crap carbs in my life (sorry if the word crap offends people) .... over the next few days .... things are going to go well for me.

Thanks to those of you who patiently answered my questions/stalked me :)!!!!

13. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hiya Dancing, just sending you all my best wishes for your SW journey, I found the below information on a different site earlier, and thought it might interest you while you wait for your books to arrive:)

THE PLAN
    GREEN DAYS consist of any amount of the following:-
    Rice, Pasta (and Egg Noodles!), Grains, Pulses, Eggs, Tofu, Quorn, Cheese (provided it is either Quark – skimmed milk soft cheese, very low fat natural cottage cheese or very low fat natural fromage frais, as much very low fat yoghurt as you want –
    Mullerlite yummy! – There are no limits WHATSOEVER to the amounts of any of the above products you can eat. Along with this you can make 3or4 choices from two groups of foods which Slimming World call “Healthy Extras” and although Slimming World claims with food optimising there is no counting or measuring, these choices have to be precisely measured or counted.
    Group A: - choose one or two Either Milk or Cheese.
    A variety of hard cheeses are listed, varying weights depending on the type, e.g. Cheddar 28g or 42g Reduced Fat Cheddar.
    The same applies to the Milk choice, e.g.
    Skimmed cows milk 350ml or full fat cows milk 175ml.
    The plan caters for vegans or anyone with intolerances, as the list included rice and Soya alternatives for your choice of either cheese or milk.
    Group B: - choose two of the following
    Breakfast Cereals, Biscuits or Cripbreads, Bread, Dried Canned and Cooked Fruit, Soups, More Cheese, Nuts, Meat & Fish, Oil.
    This list includes commercial cereals and crackers/crispbreads etc. again precisely measured, such as; 42g Kellogg’s All Bran or 2 Weetabix, or 2 slices of Allinsons wholemeal bread or 4 slices of Weightwatchers brown bread from 300g loaf.
    Fruit – 369g stewed apple without sugar or 57g dried figs.
    Soups – listing out various canned branded products such as 213g serving of Baxters Carrot & Butterbean Soup or 300g can Heinz Lentil Soup for One.
    Again a choice of cheese as in group A
    Nuts – 6 shelled whole Brazil nuts or 12 whole shelled cashew nuts.
    Meat or Fish: - 82g bacon (lean no fat used in cooking), or 170g lemon sole.
    Or 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
    These are just a few examples of a detailed list of choices given in the book.
    Along with the above you can eat as much from a list of fresh raw fruit (not juiced) as you wished, and any amount from a list of vegetables which can be eaten raw or cooked without fat in any way.
    The list of fruit and vegetables includes most, with the exception of Avocados
    RED DAYS consist of any amount of the following:-
    Poultry, Fish, All Red Meat, Offal, Shellfish, Tofu, Eggs and again Cheese (provided it is either Quark – skimmed milk soft cheese, very low fat natural cottage cheese or very low fat natural fromage frais, and as much very low fat yoghurt as you want–
    Again as with the green day you choose 3 or 4 healthy extras which are the same as the green day except that instead of the meat/fish options, you have an allowance of pasta, potatoes or rice. Again you can eat as much raw fruit and any vegetable raw or cooked without fat, with the exception of beans, peas and potatoes and of course the Avocado.
    SYNS
    What they describe as the best bit! You can have anything at all, and count it as a syn. A list of syn values of a number of commercial products is included in the book, either have a daily syn allowance of 5 to 15 syns or save them for a binge at the weekend!
    Some example syns - A level tablespoon of French dressing 4.0 syns on either red or green days, a 227g portion of Chip Shop chips – 17 syns on a green day and 28 on a red day, and my favourite the much maligned Avocado a whopping 12.5 sins on either red or green days.

14. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Dancing, I'm sure you will work this out soon enough for yourself but til you do I will tell you - Nanny Jax is just ACES! She is the oracle of this forum and we love her, anything you need to know you can rely on Jax to tell you x

15. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

this is plain wrong! Going to eat an avocado today, prior to starting properly. Heck, I might even have some guacamole AS WELL. :(

16. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thank you taz, for them really nice comments.... brought a lump to my throat, and by the way your pretty cool yourself xxxxx

17. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    Ha ha thanks Jax x x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i have to be honest and say that reading people's losses is not motivating me. I read that it takes people 4 weeks to lose 6lbs and I despair .... I'm so used to the quick losses on CD/LL. This is such a mental struggle for me.

I'm so not in a good space right now. I keep flitting between telling myself to do CD 100% for 2 weeks just to give myself a psychological boost and get that bit closer to where I want to be. I could expect to lose a stone in those 2 weeks. Then I'd have a stone to lose to get to where I was at least happy with myself, if not at my initial end goal. Oh what to do!!! Wish someone could help me.

Sorry to off load on here

20. united_trekkie

united_trekkie GO TEAM FFF

Diet:
    Slimming World as from 28/05/2008
    Hi,

I did Lipotrim for 10 weeks earlier in the year and lost 2 stone 10lbs - although the weight loss is slower with SW, I feel much more satisfied that I am doing this the right way now - I have no hesitation in recommending Lipotrim to people - but not long term, In my opinon once I had thought about it - joining slimming world was the healthiest option.

Keep with it...it will be worth it:D

21. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i agree it would be nice for weight to just fall off but sw is enjoyable and healthy and is soooo flexible and easy to stick to. if you kept doing sw you would get to target eventually, but obviously not as quick as cd/ll. think of it more as a lifestyle choice than a quick fix

22. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    I have to be honest and say that there is a good number of us who don't stick to it 100% and that is reflected on our losses. Don't be disheartened by what others have done, you are the only one in control of your diet and if you want good losses then you can get them if you are very strict with yourself

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.