hello kinda new but not

huwiesmummy

Gold Member
Hello everyone!

I thought I'd pop on here because by November ill be doing full time cal counting! I have been on a couple different diets since August 2011. I started on xenical with my Dr and did a bit of cal counting on and off. In January this year I was admitted to the a&e due to pains in my side. It turned out to be gallstones and since then I have been waiting to have my gallbladder removed.

By April I was only able to eat rice and seafood without feeling like dieing. (basically when you eat fats or even carbs the gallbladder contracts to make acids to break the food down) I was getting my stones stuck in the area that takes stuff to the liver and if left in that state to long can cause Pancratitis.

So to continue, I had to find a way to eat some how. I finally thought why not a total food replacement? I need the nutrition and weight loss couldn't hurt. So I had a look and found exante. With my Dr approveing this approach to stop a&e visits I gave it a go. Now I'm here 131lbs (9st 7lbs) lighter then I was last August.

Yay!

So now I finally got my sugery on the 26th of October. On the 11th I have a pre op and will find out if staying on exante I'd ok till then if not I may start cal counting after. So after sugery there will be a long process of learning to eat again. I still want to lose 39lbs (under 3st). My plan to lose that is to cal count around 1200-1400 (ive only been eating 600!) And join the gym again as I loved it before lack of food stopped that.
Through all this I have been forced to face my eating issues. I currently can't eat emotionally or out of boredom. I also have learned its ok not to clear your plate and it can go in the bin! I really don't have to finish my sons last bit of sandwich or last two bites of tea.

Here's to the freedom yet controlled journey I am excited to share with all of you!

Wow sounds like you've been through a lot! Good luck with your operation and with your weight loss calorie counting is a great way to loose weight xx

huwiesmummy said:
Thanks. I can't stop looking at all the recipes on here. Making me a tad depressed as I can't eat anything for 3 more weeks!

At least you have time to plan menus lol xx

Yowch. Sounds like you've had a bad time.
Hope calorie counting works for you to.
I loving it; that and the MFP app really appeal to my inner maths geek.

Back