Hello life...

karra

Loser ;)
Hi! Happy New Year!

I have been a poster (right word?) on this forum on and off for years, and have begun thread upon thread announcing that 'This time will be it!', 'I shall never eat a pizza again!' and 'I am now tee-total!' amongst other ridiculous things.

I have been gearing myself up to 'start' again today, New Year's Day seems to be the most logical of all days to begin what I am now going to refer to as My New Life. I have been reading, planning (admittedly not as much as I'd planned and actually thinking properly about how 2013 is going to be the year I change my life, and shed this excess weight. I currently weigh 17st 7lb and I am 5ft 4in, which is not good.

Thinking about why I'm overweight has featured greatly in my recent though processes, and I have finally decided to stop beating myself up. I continuously tell myself that I am a fat failure, that I am a rubbish mum, I'll be skint forever and I'll never get a good job. If this seems ridiculously self-indulgent then I apologise - and you're right.

So, instead of moping and whinging, 2013 is going to be the year I take a leaf out of MJ's book and start with the (wo)man in the mirror. Life is short, and it's what you make it. So I'm making my life mine again. This year I am going to try. And even if I occasionally fall off the wagon, I'll jump straight back on because I will succeed this time. Weight Watchers works for me, because I feel like I have enough choice to keep me going. I am going to let go of this pathetic self-loathing and tell myself that yes I am worth it!

My OH and I have booked a hol for this September to Lanzarote and I'll be damned if I am getting on that plane at 17st.

So ... here goes!

Today:

Breakfast - LF Cheese Slice on Toast with Tomato Sauce - 5pp
Lunch - WW Chicken Curry - 8pp
Tea - Potatoes, Quorn, Mixed Veg and Gravy - 16pp
Snacks - Packet Squares - 3pp, Banana (x2) - 0pp, Meringue, Fruit and Yoghurt ) - 4pp.

Total - 36pp

I think I'm allowed 37pp but I'll chek properly tomorrow.

I know I'm determined - I must be because this morning, when everyone was lay in bed hungover, OH and I took our little girl to the park on her bike, a 20min walk each way :)

Thanks for reading my essay! It feels good to be able to pur my heart out to like-minded people who I know have the same goals as I do...again, thank you.

Kel x

Good luck!! We can do this! :D

You can do it and we will do it.

I am back on board again. You're right there's no point in beating yourself up as its just a downward spiral. Just pick yourself up and do it.easier said then done but let's try.

I'm starting again.
Good luck in your journey.
Kelly x

Good luck Kelly. I am stuck in a rut myself. Job I loved but now hate the thought of going into, smaller amount of weight to get rid of but do the same lbs over and over. Off to lanzarote hopefully in Sept to even lol. We will do it cos the other option is to stay as we are which is surely the harder option of the two. Good luck!

You can do it and we will do it.

I am back on board again. You're right there's no point in beating yourself up as its just a downward spiral. Just pick yourself up and do it.easier said then done but let's try.

I'm starting again.
Good luck in your journey.
Kelly x

Hi, thanks for your post :).

Exactly like you said, we have to try! Good luck with your journey too...we know we can do it xx

Good luck Kelly. I am stuck in a rut myself. Job I loved but now hate the thought of going into, smaller amount of weight to get rid of but do the same lbs over and over. Off to lanzarote hopefully in Sept to even lol. We will do it cos the other option is to stay as we are which is surely the harder option of the two. Good luck!

Hello :)

You're right, at the moment being the way I am is the harder option. It's easy to be lazy and make rubbish food choices, but it's hard to live in this body!

Good luck...we will be in our bikinis for Lanzarote no problem :D

xx

Hello!

Thanks to everybody for my messages, it feels great to have support!

Today I have had:

Breakfast - Cheese on toasted crust with tom sauce - 6pp
Lunch - WW Chicken Curry - 8pp
Tea - Oven Chips, Veggie Sausages, peas and gravy - 17pp - loads of pp but well worth it!
Snacks - Special K Bar - 2pp, Milk in tea 1pp, Slice of bread, 2pp

Total - 36pp

Got some shopping in from Iceland today because I love it for WW stuff, and I was actually OVERJOYED to see that they now do frozen Macaroni Cheese haha. I love the fresh one but it's £2.47 in Asda and times are hard! I am such a fussy eater - although you wouldn't think it to look at me - so it's hard finding the ready meals I like - I like the Chicken Curry too but pick the chicken out and give it to my OH :)

So! Onwards and downwards! Gym and swim with my sister in the morning, and I'm really looking forward to it - I actually want to exercise. Weird!

Anyway, have a lovely evening and a positive day tomorrow.

Nite x

Good luck and great positive attitude :)

Back