Hello! Looking for some advice and possibly some support :-)

Rubytallulah

Hi, my names Ruby and I just wanted to fill you in about my weight loss journey a little bit so far, so maybe you could offer me the best advice you can?

After that dreaded all inclusive holiday (sucker for ice cream) I came back to find I was 12st 8lb and at 5ft4, this made me feel very uncomfortable. I decided to join Weight Watchers and although I lost weight, 13 pounds to be exact, I soon reached a plateau. I found that no amount of water, exercise or change of rountine could shift. I even found myself putting on weight because I was starving all the time, and my mind was constantly thinking of food!

A friend recommended Slimming World as she had been successful in the past and it had great features such as the (free food) option. Since joining Slimming World, I've actually gained an extra 4 pound in one week, and don't understand why. I have been following the rules, and making sure I documented everything I ate.

My normal day has been this.

Breakfast: Fat Free Muller Yoghurt, Apple, Banana
Syns: Curly Wurly, tomato ketchup(1 spoon) Butter (10g)
Lunch- Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice
Dinner: Jacket Potato with Tuna and Salad.
Healthy Extras: 2 Alpen Light Bars, and 250ml Milk.

Am I doing something wrong? I dread the idea of returning to Weight Watchers but don't want to return to my holiday weight either :'( Thanks for any advice! Appreciate it :)

Hi there and welcome to SW and this forum.
Make sure you try to stick to the 2/3 free food with 1/3 super free food with every meal for optimum results, you will find all the foods listed in your book.Also look on the SW website for ideas, I'm lucky as I find that I lost weight fairly easy, my problem is trying to maintain!
Best of luck.
Pete

Rubytallulah said:
Hi, my names Ruby and I just wanted to fill you in about my weight loss journey a little bit so far, so maybe you could offer me the best advice you can?

After that dreaded all inclusive holiday (sucker for ice cream) I came back to find I was 12st 8lb and at 5ft4, this made me feel very uncomfortable. I decided to join Weight Watchers and although I lost weight, 13 pounds to be exact, I soon reached a plateau. I found that no amount of water, exercise or change of rountine could shift. I even found myself putting on weight because I was starving all the time, and my mind was constantly thinking of food!

A friend recommended Slimming World as she had been successful in the past and it had great features such as the (free food) option. Since joining Slimming World, I've actually gained an extra 4 pound in one week, and don't understand why. I have been following the rules, and making sure I documented everything I ate.

My normal day has been this.

Breakfast: Fat Free Muller Yoghurt, Apple, Banana
Syns: Curly Wurly, tomato ketchup(1 spoon) Butter (10g)
Lunch- Uncle Ben's Mexican Rice
Dinner: Jacket Potato with Tuna and Salad.
Healthy Extras: 2 Alpen Light Bars, and 250ml Milk.

Am I doing something wrong? I dread the idea of returning to Weight Watchers but don't want to return to my holiday weight either :'( Thanks for any advice! Appreciate it :)

Changing diets may be the problem give your body a few weeks to adjust from ww to slimming world it does work xx I too had an incident last month with an all inc holiday 8lb in 2 weeks but I was doing sw before I went away and carried on when I came back

cat yoyo greaves said:
Changing diets may be the problem give your body a few weeks to adjust from ww to slimming world it does work xx I too had an incident last month with an all inc holiday 8lb in 2 weeks but I was doing sw before I went away and carried on when I came back

Also I've just been on the syn app and uncle bens Mexican rice has syns also was it plain tuna or tuna mayo or something as some dressings have syns

Back