Hello. My name is Mauve and I have decided it's time for a change!

Mauve

Hi everyone

I'm a soon to be 37 year old mother of two daughters aged 5 and 6. I was fat for a while, and then I got slim, and then I stayed slim for a while... and then I had my second baby, breastfed for 13 months and started having the odd glass or two of wine EVERY NIGHT once I'd stopped bfing completely. Tiredness lead me and dh to eat lots of takeaways, and drinking wine of an evening made me think eating the contents of the fridge was ok. :( I'm not blaming having kids for making me fat, I made me fat!

So now I'm the fattest I've ever been, and struggling with motivation. :sigh:

I have been a member of SW in the past (I lost 4 stone years ago and was happy as Larry), but am not a member of any clubs at present. My village is quite clicky and I'd prefer not to have to go along and have everyone in the school playground know about my weight issues.

I also have a social phobia, which I do manage as I have to take the kids to school, etc, but I subconsciously developed a routine which involves me not actually going anywhere or doing anything out of the house during the day, unless it's ferry the kids around or with my dh (who works). And so I get very little exercise, which has also made me fat :cry: I have gotten into a bit of a rubbish circle really.

Anyway. On a more cheery note, hello everyone! I guess today is a starting point and the sun shining and Spring winging it's way towards us has made me feel more positive about changing things.

I think I will need some help with it though, probably some advice and kicks up the rear!

I can't wait to get to know the site and the regulars, and get the motivation to start looking after myself again.

Mauve.

Welcome and good luck on loosing the weight, there's plenty of sw dieters doing it alone so I'm sure your find a lot of support here.

Thanks! I've had a quick look at the links, I'm just getting used to the forum and the links for newbies have helped lots.

I've not joined a group as yet, I have SW open in another tab and I'm umming and arring which group to go to! I have been to some groups which have been absolutely fantastic and inspirational, and others that have been well, rubbish really. So I'm a bit hesitant to rush into joining. Although I do remember that I can change groups once I join :hmm: (I think I'm putting it off because I'm a bit scared tbh..)

I'm already getting giddy about the SW menu though - seeing the recipes on here (Marmite spuds in partic!) has reminded me how well I ate when I was doing SW before.

Thanks again for your support, I'm looking forward to getting cracking now (even though it's raining today and the sun seems to have disappeared!)

Mauve.

Back