Hello new boy on the block

Rod the Bass

The Outlaw Torn
Hi my name is Rod. I'm on day five of my diet (following Rosemary Conley) and despite feeling a bit peckish here and there I'm doing ok

I've tried dieting before and lost 2 stone a few times, but now I really want to make the most of activities with my young son (who is four in June) and can't do it at 20 stone!

I appear to have gained slowly about half a stone a year for the last ten years, how did that happen? !

I'm 6ft 1 and looking to get 5 stone off and get back into all those shirts and jeans that appear to have shrunk in my wardrobe!

I am a very keen angler hence Rod the Bass and an active member of a fishing forum, they are great fun and helpful, so thought I'd join a diet one as well!

I had a quick look at the inspiration slideshow and its, just great thanks for that!

I will post some photos of me when I can (need 50 posts?) meantime thanks for putting this together and I will check in often

BINGO! lost 7lbs in my first week, great motivation to weigh on friday morning to find I lost 6lb then this morning find I lost another pound over the weekend, which are always my nemesis, must be my first time ever!

hope everyone else had success last week and good luck this week!

Well done on a great first week. Always a great boost to see the scales reflect how well you've done. Good luck and have a great week.

well I'm not that good at logging on, better at dieting!

I must confess I put up a thread on my fishing forum and found out that at least 8 regular posters/friends were also dieting, so now we have a weekly update on www.thelureforum.com for members who are interested in lure fishing and dieting! It's also a quite masculine environment and we tend to be quite "manly" in our encouragement with plenty of mickey-taking!

BUT!

I promised I would update this and I will so here goes...

I started on 27th February weighing 20st 1lb

I am now weighing in at 18st 5lb, a weight loss so far of 24lb!

I am very pleased, but not at all satisfied and I have found that finally my willpower and resolve appears to be iron-clad - long may that continue

I wish everyone luck and continued success and I will log in again soon with an update

cheers for now

Rod the Bass said:
I must confess I put up a thread on my fishing forum and found out that at least 8 regular posters/friends were also dieting, so now we have a weekly update on www.thelureforum.com for members who are interested in lure fishing and dieting! It's also a quite masculine environment and we tend to be quite "manly" in our encouragement with plenty of mickey-taking!

Entice them over to minimins, we're definitely lacking in males to banter with on this forum :)

Entice them over to minimins, we're definitely lacking in males to banter with on this forum :)

I did notice I am hopelessly outgunned here, but I do find it interesting reading how women go about their nonsense.

Like a little fish in a sea of sharks & comments like "how women go about their nonsense"......well that's just asking for trouble lol

yes, quite. :eek:

I think my choice of phraseology will need to be somewhat different on THIS forum

better to know now eh? I got 61lb of this to get through! lol

Back