Hello new forum, Hello new diet!

Hello, After creating this account (and never using it!) many years ago, I have finally decided the steady weight gain is not stopping and I actually need to get on and do something about it! Three years ago I was at my ideal weight, 55kg, and whilst I had to work bloody hard to keep at it I appreciate my current life-style now means 65kg or there abouts is realistic. I have been a huge fan of Marissa Peer, Rosemary Connelly, Weight Weights, just to name a few. My main problem is I like to enjoy a drink at home in the evening and then I get the nibbles.. Since taking on two puppies, nearly two years ago my working out is non-existent as I want to spend all my free time with them. I am aware what exercise I need to do, and what I need to eat but my huge problem is getting home and finding the enthusiasm to exercise and not nibble on snacks.. I am hoping this forum will help keep me motivated and focused, and I look forward to getting to know many of you :)

Welcome saraloo:welcome2:

Good to have you with us and just wanted to wish you good luck on your weight loss journey.

Here is a Guide to help you make your way around.

http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-new-members-guided-tour-minimins.html

You might like to start a diary as most members find this helps keep them focused and it also gives members a place to call into to see how you are doing...

Weight Loss Diary

Also the link below will show you step by step how to set up a weight tracker to help keep you motivated and if you need any help please ask:)

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Since taking on two puppies, nearly two years ago my working out is non-existent as I want to spend all my free time with them. I am aware what exercise I need to do

puppies = walkies = exercise :chores016: bending to pick up poo = more exercise :D Are they the sort to enjoy agility classes ? = Lots and Lots of exercise :) Good luck on your journey. Lots of support and tips from a friendly bunch of people, whatever plan you decide to follow. Re the booze, it was my undoing. Like an open box of chocolates, an open bottle just had to be finished off. I know I can't trust myself, so don't have it in the house. Friend staying at the moment, only brings in Guinness & beer, which I have no interest in.

My only real change over the last 4 weeks has been stopping drinking dead, ironic choice of words because it was killing me. I am eating well and have lost 18½lb in 4 weeks. There again, I have a lot to lose :eek: Remember my Dad saying "Drink is a Good Servant, but a Poor Master". If you can control it, no reason to cut it out completely, but everything in moderation. If you like white wine, have it as a long drink with soda water as a spritzer. If you like red, pour a glass of nice mineral water alongside and sip alternatively as they do in France. Works well in restaurant situation. If the weather improves enough to ever have a barbecue :(take ribena so people think you are drinking red and don't keep trying to derail you. Or say you are driving, or on tablets and can't drink. Good Luck, I know its not easy. Let us know how you get on. chips xx

ps I laughed at your "two year old puppies", my rescue is 15 years old and I still call her puppy !

Last edited:
Back