Hello - New here

LouBou

Hi, going to start my 'last' diet tomorrow! Fed up of being this size and really want to be able to shop anywhere! Really scared though - don't want to fail but I have never stuck to anything before :sigh:. Any advice to get me started?
Lou

Have you signed up to my fitness pal? It makes it really easy! Good luck!

You definitely can. Post on here and you'll get loads of support :) the people here are amazing :)

Hi there,

I agree with Bostik, the support on this is fabulous!

When I first started dieting (for the last time) in November last year I was on the Rosemary Conley diet, and at my heaviest weighed 18st 9lb. I left RC in March due to stresses of life, and then started calorie counting 6 weeks ago. I am at the moment 15st 7.5lb so over a year I've lost just over 3st which I'm very proud of! I didn't even try to lose weight for most of the year lol! For now my big major goal is 14st. Then I may aim for my healthy weight after that! I should really be looking at a total loss of nearly 8st in the end!

My Fitness Pal is amazing. It's online and there's an iPhone app. It will be your best friend for this diet lol. Plus the lovely people on here, you'll have an excellent support network!

Good luck with your weight loss!

Luvz,
D* xXx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My biggest piece of advice? Don't call it or look at it as a diet! Look at it as you changing your lifestyle, forever. My biggest bits of advice would be...

*Join a website like myfitnesspal.com where you can track your calories and exercise, guessing doesn't work, you'd be surprised how easily you'll get it wrong! They've got apps for iphones, androids and blackberrys too.
*Make yourself accountable to someone. The best thing about groups like Weight Watchers is that you know that you've got someone weighing you, you can't just pretend that you've done well that week when you've eaten everything in sight. So maybe try and buddy up with someone, or even just start a diary on here. This site is full of amazing supportive people!
*Take a look at those foods that are your favourite, see if you can find a more healthy alternative so you can still have the things you like.
*Don't deprive yourself! The best thing about calorie counting is that anything is allowed, it's just about moderation and working it in.
*Make sure you allow yourself enough calories, you don't want to do yourself any harm. Check out this thread to work it out: http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting/202903-answer-how-many-calories-should-i-eat.html
*Set yourself goals and reward yourself when you get there. If, like me, you've got a lot to lose then having just your end goal isn't enough to motivate you because it seems so far away. So break it down into stones or something like that, just take it a step at a time. And each time you get to goal, reward yourself even with something little like taking the time to give yourself a manicure or something. I know it helps me.

And my final piece of advice? Don't beat yourself up when you have a day that doesn't go according to plan. We ALL have them, I've had a lot of them lately! Just remember that this is a journey and it's got lots of obstacles and sometimes, they'll get you but all that matters is that you get back up and carry on. Guilt and worry serve no purpose and you haven't failed or lost until you give up, so just get straight back up and carry on.

Good luck :)

My biggest piece of advice? Don't call it or look at it as a diet! Look at it as you changing your lifestyle, forever. My biggest bits of advice would be...

*Join a website like myfitnesspal.com where you can track your calories and exercise, guessing doesn't work, you'd be surprised how easily you'll get it wrong! They've got apps for iphones, androids and blackberrys too.
*Make yourself accountable to someone. The best thing about groups like Weight Watchers is that you know that you've got someone weighing you, you can't just pretend that you've done well that week when you've eaten everything in sight. So maybe try and buddy up with someone, or even just start a diary on here. This site is full of amazing supportive people!
*Take a look at those foods that are your favourite, see if you can find a more healthy alternative so you can still have the things you like.
*Don't deprive yourself! The best thing about calorie counting is that anything is allowed, it's just about moderation and working it in.
*Make sure you allow yourself enough calories, you don't want to do yourself any harm. Check out this thread to work it out: http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting/202903-answer-how-many-calories-should-i-eat.html
*Set yourself goals and reward yourself when you get there. If, like me, you've got a lot to lose then having just your end goal isn't enough to motivate you because it seems so far away. So break it down into stones or something like that, just take it a step at a time. And each time you get to goal, reward yourself even with something little like taking the time to give yourself a manicure or something. I know it helps me.

And my final piece of advice? Don't beat yourself up when you have a day that doesn't go according to plan. We ALL have them, I've had a lot of them lately! Just remember that this is a journey and it's got lots of obstacles and sometimes, they'll get you but all that matters is that you get back up and carry on. Guilt and worry serve no purpose and you haven't failed or lost until you give up, so just get straight back up and carry on.

Good luck :)

Really helpful advice

I can only echo what everybody else has said my fitness pal is a must in my opinion and this forum is great really really really good and lovely people with lots of support to give and advise to offer.

Thank you so much everyone - I was convinced no-one would even reply to my posts let alone be so helpful and nice. Think signing up here was defiantly the right thing to do - together we CAN DO IT lol!

Back